The Indifferent HatYes, well, it's all a bit strange, isn't it? We were young, we were foolish, we ate too many melons. I can remember when we were actively rivalling Wikipedia - that's a battle long lost, though we always had the potential to be something more. I guess the internet did catch up with what we wanted to do, but by the time it had, the power seemed to have gone out of the engines. I haven't been here actively for years, but it seemed important to come back and claim a cabin as the ship breaks out of orbit for the first time in a decade and sets forth again. And you know what? It feels right to be out there again, unfettered. Buggered if I can remember GuideML though.
To Did ListBy which I mean things I really, really was going to finish but then didn't and now might not. Anyway, they were:
- The Bible (still far from happy with the 'official' version, which I note has in my absence been renamed 'The Bible: A Perspective').
- Do some stuff regarding places I've been to, or things I now know more about. The sort of stuff the Guide is - to me - really about; raw information. I might, you know, actually do this. I really liked the idea of hand-held devices that could reference the Guide. And now of course this is not only possible but no longer even surprising. There's got to be an h2g2 app.
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Article or Project?||Dec 27, 2000||Feb 27, 2015|
|Your entry has been submitted to 'Flea Market'||No Posting||Apr 12, 2014|
|iPhone version of h2g2||Nov 16, 2011||Jul 31, 2012|
|That was the past..||No Posting||Nov 17, 2011|
|The Sandal and the Gourd||Oct 27, 2011||Oct 30, 2011|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Sir Paul McCartney - Singer/Songwriter
- The Plough and Harrow Pub, Hammersmith, London
- The Skylark, South End, Croydon, UK
- Sightseeing in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Oasis - the Band
- Sir James Paul McCartney MBE - singer/songwr
- Update - Keeping Guinea Pigs as Pets
- The Plough and Harrow, King Street, Hammersmi
- Douglas Adams - Writer and Fantasist
- The Skylark, South End, Croydon
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
James Casey has no Friends
This user has no Bookmarks