A Conversation for Ristorante Mamma Peta

In the kitchen

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in with basket filled with fresh vegetables and other stuff*

*decides to try out new recipe for vegetarian lasagne - with goat cheese*

*toasts 2 peppers in oven (250 degrees) for 10 minutes, takes them out and puts them to cool in a plastic bag*

*meanwhile chops 2 aubergines, 2 zucchinis, 3 shalott onions, 10 mushrooms, 2 cloves of garlic and half a table spoon of thyme*

*heats up olive oil in pan, peals and chops peppers, pours all vegetables into pan to fry for 5 minutes*

*adds a can of whole tomatoes and salt, pepper and some sugar*

*leaves pan to cook for a few minutes*

*melts 2,5 table spoons of butter in pot, adds 2 table spoons of flour, stirs*

*adds half a litre of milk*

*cuts away edges on goat cheese (250 g), adds it roughly cut up*

*adds salt and pepper, allows it to cook into sauce for about 10 minutes*

*sets oven to 180 degrees*

*takes 1,5 packets of fresh spinache lasagne*

*mixes layers of cheese sauce, lasagne and vegetable sauce, tops with cheese sauce*

*leaves in oven for 20 minutes*

*washing up meanwhile*


In the kitchen

Post 2

Ubu - Inconclusive italian brownian motion - Keeper of the B-flat

*enters the warm, welcoming room looking around*

*thinks of some italian receipt that could be interesting to do...*

*decides, after all, not to ruin the reputation of good food of the restaurant*

*...and starts putting things at their places, washing and polishing the fireplaces. Then looks with some concern at the floor...*

*...well... starts with the floor too.*

*having finished, takes a piece of paper, a pen and writes a fancy sign that reads: Qui si parla italiano. Goes outside for a second and returns after having put it on the outside door of the "Ristorante"...*

smiley - winkeye



In the kitchen

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

*looks around in the gleaming kitchen, impressed*

Mille grazie!smiley - smiley

Now, we need to get this place going again... but it'll take a while...

Hmmm... maybe I'll start with contacting Peta about the restaurant name... and then... *deep in thought*


In the kitchen

Post 4

Demon Drawer

WHERE HAVE ALL ZE STAFF GONE!!!


In the kitchen

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

Exactly what I was wondering - here I find myself being the cook - quite unexpectedly - and this Italian gentleman helping me keep the kitchen in tip top shape!smiley - huh


In the kitchen

Post 6

Demon Drawer

So I see. (wonder if I should drop the fake Italian accent around here) Ah well keepa uppa the good work. (decides it's part of the atmosphere) smiley - smiley


In the kitchen

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

Si, si - you're the boss...smiley - smiley


In the kitchen

Post 8

Demon Drawer

And I haven't been this far down my articles for a long time.


In the kitchen

Post 9

NOTICEBOARD

Signore Direttore - would you kindly start a conversation for people applying for a job?


In the kitchen

Post 10

Titania (gone for lunch)

The ad is up, signore direttore, here: <./>U147915</.>


Key: Complain about this post