A Conversation for United States of America (USA)

America: An apology

Post 1

Kota

On behalf of my people (americans) I'd like to apologize to the world at large for everything and anything we've ever done, including Disney's treatment of DNA and the Hitchhiker's film. Just don't kill us. Some of us are worth keeping.


America: An apology

Post 2

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

...Even some of the ones who can't apply whip cream bikkinis


America: An apology

Post 3

borzwazie

I for one, would like to apologize for American beer. With few exceptions, it is all formaldahyde-laden swill.
If you ever make it to Pennsylvania, try Yuengling Lager. I think you will approve.


America: An apology

Post 4

Uncle Sam

While the beer may be bad and the living large, I don't feel that I have anything to appologize for. If being an American is wrong-headed, so am I.

All this silly nationalism is what makes the world a nasty place! Be happy with who and what you are and learn to embrace differences! Isn't THAT what America is all about (expect for that unfortunate Indian thing)?!?
smiley - winkeye


America: An apology

Post 5

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

And the unfortunate internment camp thing, and the unfortunate slavery thing, and the unfortunate McCarthyism thing...


America: An apology

Post 6

Uncle Sam

While we're heaping on abuse, don't forget those two atom bombs!

But I don't know of any group of people with a perfect history!!
smiley - winkeye

That's why I vote for a more global view of things!!


America: An apology

Post 7

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Well, some people may have a perfectly awful history... I'm 1/8th Serbian...


America: An apology

Post 8

Uncle Sam

That's kind of my point! Who cares what your ancestors did 25, 50, 100, 200 years ago? This long-term bearing of grudges is what's getting people killed!

Even this silly anit-American sentiment at h2g2. What's the sense? (I know that most of it is in jest, but if someone with thin skin takes it the wrong way, what good is it doing?)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more