A Conversation for M2M2 - Current Campaigns

Great Outline!

Post 61

Demon Drawer

You are so right, I was just saying that the main lesson to let the past being not as important as who you are now, was learnt from that. In fact I have no idea how the last girl, I went with would feel knowing she was the rebound between two guys.

However seeing as I used to work with her best mate, who actually set us up about 2 months after suspecting I was gay. Strange way to go about things but there you go.

Of course the good times teach us lessons, but we tend to learn more from our mistakes, when it's going well you don't analyse as much. smiley - smiley


Great Outline!

Post 62

Cathy

I don't think that it is necessarily true that we learn much more from mistakes then from good experiences. I haven't had that much experience in life yet, being only 18, and none of it, I'm thankful to say, has been too awful and what I've learnt from that is very important. I trust my own judgement more and more as I get older and I've also learnt more about what works for me and I'm very grateful that I know my own mind because so many people don't.


Great Outline!

Post 63

Demon Drawer

OK how about I say it harder to remember all the lessons learnt from the good times they jsut become part of you. You actually do analyse things when they go wrong, when life is fine you just tend to float along.


Great Outline!

Post 64

Tony

Sounds fair. Just do remember than the good is there, even if it's easier to notice the bad (advice /I/ really need to take to heart!).


Great Outline!

Post 65

Demon Drawer

Hey I should have just taken the praise for the advise. smiley - winkeye

I do accept the good. As a poet the bad is often easier to write, but then I do write fun stuff as well, I just come back to it later on and wonder what? Whereas the dark stuff is always easier to re-interpret.

There I go rambling on again!!! When will I learn. smiley - smiley


Great Outline!

Post 66

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Why does it seem that absolutely everything I want to add to this forum is completely off topic?


Great Outline!

Post 67

Demon Drawer

Post away, we could do with some topic drift back to topic if you want to go there. smiley - smiley


Great Outline!

Post 68

Tony

Yeah! Natter away! We can always start new conversations to bring it back on topic!


Great Outline!

Post 69

Tony

To change the topic myself - comment and crit (and contributions!) to the new page, M2M2 rants - http://www.h2g2.com/A309377


Great Outline!

Post 70

Cathy

I like it, but you definitely need more contributors. Anyone else got something they'd love a rant about?

PS I especially like the latest addition smiley - winkeye


Great Outline!

Post 71

Tony

Teehee...

But yes - MORE RANTS PLEASE! smiley - winkeye


Great Outline!

Post 72

Demon Drawer

Yeah definatley as at the moment there are the three M2M2ateers. smiley - winkeye


Great Outline!

Post 73

Tony

I know - it's /bizarre/ isn't it. Do you think it's that h2g2 is incredibly bad for getting to pages that interest you, or that something /really/ weird is happening statistically?


Great Outline!

Post 74

Cathy

Maybe the problem is that H2G2 is just a bit of fun and usually gay politics just isn't a fun thing. Or perhaps when it was advertised people came, looked, didn't see a huge group and left. Or maybe they're all just in the closet and don't wish to contribute. Perhaps a page on "setting up a new user for your alter ego" would be helpful?

I do think however it's a case of "If we build it they will come".


Great Outline!

Post 75

Demon Drawer

Now who would set up a page un setting up your lesbigay alter ego Me or Berilia. smiley - winkeye

Lets keep building I'm sure they will come.


Great Outline!

Post 76

Tony

Yup, that is the principle I'm working by. Lots of page so that when the multi-million dollar advertising campaign (smiley - winkeye) kicks in, they'll be lots of interest!

As to your suggestions, Cathy, sure it's just a bit of fun, but it's also supposed to be a community site, and one based on talk about /everything/. Knowing how relieved people tend to be to find places where they can chat happily and seriously which isn't IRC (and thus based on net-sex), I'd have thought more people would be interested.


Great Outline!

Post 77

Cupid Stunt

I can't help wondering if the 3800 afforementioned researchers were just your lots alter egos...

The whole endeavour has basically dies on its arse hasn't it?


Great Outline!

Post 78

Mikeo the gregarious

Whole endeavour? You mean the whole forum thing or just this conversation? And besides, what's wrong/right with alter-egos? (I don't have any, so I wouldn't know!)

Besides, isn't it supposed to be 9900 LGBT researchers now? smiley - erm


Great Outline!

Post 79

Cupid Stunt

It's probably even more than that now. Nothing wrong/right/whichever wrong with alter ego's, there just seemed to be a lot of them about when I posted that.

What was the conversation about again?


Great Outline!

Post 80

Mikeo the gregarious

I've absolutely no idea!


Key: Complain about this post