A Conversation for M2M2 - Current Campaigns

Great Outline!

Post 41

Tony

Awwwww! We don't care if you're a Demon or a Biro - we love you all the same smiley - winkeye

Well done to you. I was impressed myself.


Great Outline!

Post 42

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I've got multiple alter egos. The most recent is basically "Venus in Red", though she isn't named Venus (I figgured that joke was dead).

~Irving


Great Outline!

Post 43

Demon Drawer

No problemo amigo. smiley - smiley


Great Outline!

Post 44

Tony

I shall doubtless have to have a big cape-removal soonish, but there are various factors, to do with people on this site, that complicate things a little...


Great Outline!

Post 45

Demon Drawer

Ah RL friends and the like or something?


Great Outline!

Post 46

Tony

Not exactly...

Not going to say much, because I really don't know what to do about it. It's all really awkward... Hmm...

I shall have a think! smiley - smiley


Great Outline!

Post 47

Cathy

So how many distinct researchers are there and how many are alter egos of established members?

Doesn't it say something about the place if so many people have to set up new accounts to say something they believe in?


Great Outline!

Post 48

Tony

Well, half of h2g2 is of course Abi... smiley - winkeye

As to saying something about the place - I'm going to write a journal entry about this...


Great Outline!

Post 49

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I'm not sure I understand... are you saying *you're* someone else as well, Tony? My alter egos are just for fun, every once in a while, and I usually quickly discard them.

~Irving


Great Outline!

Post 50

Demon Drawer

Look the clues were all there, it was a well thought out start that Tony had, the links were all there. I think he must be someone else, but I'm not going to pressure him into disclosing who he is. The anonimity of it all was a great help to me, so I think in this case the mystery worked.


Great Outline!

Post 51

Tony

It's a bizarre thing. Half the reason I don't want to say who I 'really' am is that I don't want people to think of me differently. Now the 'big' thing to do would of course be to say 'People shouldn't think of me differently because of that' and just tell them, but as it is it's simpler just to separate things right now.

So yes, I'm someone else too. I'm not really this one sided! smiley - winkeye


Great Outline!

Post 52

Cathy

Yeah I can understand the separating things completely but the problem comes when you meet someone you'd like to integrate into the rest of your life but then you face the:
do I carry on the deceipt and fill in over time and hope that it goes okay
OR
do a hugely contrived - some things you should know - type conversation before anything happens?

Which is my current problem - any suggestions?


Great Outline!

Post 53

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Huh. I'm afraid I just don't know. smiley - sadface


Great Outline!

Post 54

Demon Drawer

So I take it this deceipt directly affects the other person?

If so you need to clear it up.

If it's just an id you use on-line with no bearing on them, but they know you are on-line, I don't see too much problem, unless, that has affected them.


Great Outline!

Post 55

Cathy

It's not an online thing and it's not even something that directly affects the person concerned. It's more a case of trying to keep life simple by keeping most of my life separate from the people I see at school and just being a much less complicated person. I would like to let this person see the other sides to me but I don't know whether softly softly or all at once is better.


Great Outline!

Post 56

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I guess you kind of have to tailor it to your audience. Sorry, theatre people think of everything in terms of audiences. Or at least I do. But you do have to think about the person you're wanting to have this relationship with, and whether she's going to be more comfortable taking things slowly or getting them all at once. You don't want to hide things, but you don't want to scare her away, either. At least, that's how I would approach it...


Great Outline!

Post 57

Demon Drawer

No relationship is ever straight forward there are always new hidden depths to be uncovered. Now I have a bit of a fuller picture it's simply a case of letting what is revelvant for the now come out, there will be occasions when the two of you will feel comfortable about discussing the past then the depth will start to be filled in.

However remember te golden rule. What is behind you is part of you now, just be who you are now, how you got there isn't so important as how you've learnt to become you along the way.


Great Outline!

Post 58

Cathy

"However remember te golden rule. What is behind you is part of you now, just be who you are now, how you got there isn't so important as how you've learnt to become you along the way."

That is a great piece of advice. 'She' is actually a 'he' but the problem was that I wanted to be honest about who I see myself as and what I've done before without being too scary.

I'm pleased to report that it's all now going swimmingly smiley - smiley
Thanks for the advice both of you.


Great Outline!

Post 59

Demon Drawer

No problem Cathy. I've been through enough heartbreak to learn a thing or two along the way. Glad to be of assistance.


Great Outline!

Post 60

Tony

Objection, your honour!!!

Surely you've been through enough heartache *and* enough good experiences to learn a few things. None of this exclusively negative stuff here, please, young man! smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post