A Conversation for Beyond The Brochure: How to stop you food from being eaten.

Fridge Thief Deterrent

Post 1

ANDROKTONE (Visit MoominValley! A639010)

We used to put food colouring in our milk. Nobody likes to steal green milk. If they are that desperate, perhaps you should consider just letting them *have* the milk anyway? Its only 30p a pint.

smiley - bluefish I ANDROKTONE


Fridge Thief Deterrent

Post 2

ANDROKTONE (Visit MoominValley! A639010)

oh bugger. i meant smiley - orangefish


Fridge Thief Deterrent

Post 3

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

This actually happened:

I had been to the supermarket about one morning and brought a big (is it 2 or 4 pint) milk carton. I went to use it for the first time that evening and it wasn't there. rather annoyed i marched into the local village to pick up some more and on the way in bumped into a friend - an exchange student from america, recently arrived - and he asked what I was doing so I told him, 'someone had stolen my milk.' 'Oh' said he. 'It wasn't one of those big tubs was it?'
'Yes' I said suspiciously 'why do you know who took it?'
'well, yeah it was me, but I didn't know it was yours....


I'll pause here for a moment to just set up the revelation.....


'some guy sold it to me this morning.'

*blink* *blink* 'WHAT?' smiley - yikes

'yeah, I was in there about lunchtime and I said I had to go to the shops for milk and he said I could have his, I gave him, like £1 for it.'

---------------------------------

My milk was not only taken, unknowingly by Abe, it was actually sold on a black market!

Clive. smiley - doh


Fridge Thief Deterrent

Post 4

ANDROKTONE (Visit MoominValley! A639010)

How rude!

And yet... how ingenious.. (a certain awe has been inspired .. smiley - smiley

I had a goth living on my sofa who kept stealing my coffee. I tried several rather devious tactics, but the only one that made any difference was picking him up and throwing him out of the window (only a ground floor one you understand)

smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beyond The Brochure: How to stop you food from being eaten.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more