A Conversation for Beyond The Brochure: How to stop you food from being eaten.

Ouch!

Post 1

Magnolia

The only other solution I can think of is ... to eat the sort of wholesome healthy food which no self-respecting raider would EVER want to steal. This may, of course, result in becoming irritatingly wholesome and healthy (perhaps ever vegetarian) but at least it will certainly stop the PFR in its stinky tracks.

Another possibility might be maximum smelly gourmet food. You could always hope that your PFR would only go for junk. Of course this might become a bit expensive. But then again, it may result in attracting a better class of thief?

And finally ... how about appealing to the PFR's gentler side: welcome the thievery and put out choice tidbits with loving messages added in. This will allow the thief to know that YOU know. But will save him/her the anguish of guilt. Who knows, you may become great friends thereafter and be free to scarf from one another's fridges. After all, the chances are, if the thief likes the snacks you like, there's already the foundation for a great companionship.

As you can see, I don't live in a hostel (at the moment!).smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beyond The Brochure: How to stop you food from being eaten.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more