A Conversation for Talking Point: Speaking your mind

English Language

Post 1

Environomic

Why is the word Environomics not in the English Dictionary?


English Language

Post 2

Mu Beta

Because it's a made-up word by namby-pamby left-wingers?

B


English Language

Post 3

Environomic

I did vote Labour but no matter what your politics are, we are all going to have to speak the same language if Global Warming is to be overcome!


English Language

Post 4

Mu Beta

And what on Earth gave you the idea that the human race is in any position to overcome global warming?

B


English Language

Post 5

Environomic

The Holy Bible!!!


English Language

Post 6

Mu Beta

And you think a religious text is giving you a valid standpoint in a scientific argument, do you?

B


English Language

Post 7

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on the soapbox
"Probably because it does not bring any sponsors (unlike pollution or global warming)"


English Language

Post 8

Environomic

God Bless You.
I was thinking I was on my own thinking that environomics should be in the English Language.

Is there anyone else that would like to see Environomics in the English Dictionary?


English Language

Post 9

Mu Beta

Would it make any difference if a pointless compound word was added to the dictionary?

B


English Language

Post 10

Environomic

If we are to fix Global Warming we will all have to sing from the same hymn sheet.
Why not see if you can find if your family think its a good Idea or not?


English Language

Post 11

Mu Beta

Given that most of my family a) don't care and b) don't talk to each other, I think that may be fruitless.

Seriously, assuming that the human race is in some position to drastically alter the rise in global warming (which it isn't), what use is a silly piece of vocabulary going to be to us?

B


Key: Complain about this post