Talking Point: Speaking your mind

8 Conversations

Boris Johnson MP.

Boris Johnson has never been afraid of plain-speaking – even if his fellow MPs might wish for a bit of discretion.

Labour MP Chris Bryant, who went to Oxford with Boris, said:

He really doesn't seem to have changed much since university. I always thought his buffoonery was an act but maybe he can't actually help it.

Whether he's discussing Cherie Blair, Portsmouth, the people of Liverpool, or drugs, he's not one to hold back from saying what he thinks.

  • Do you have a friend who isn't afraid to say what they think – no matter what the consequences?
  • Is honest speaking always a good thing?
  • Do you think the world would be a better place if everybody said what was really in their minds?
  • Would the world be a more straightforward place if we didn't lie?
  • Or are there times when a little white lie is acceptable?
  • Is it sometimes better to keep your own counsel?
  • Have you ever said something at an inappropriate time and place?
  • What was the reaction after you'd spoken?

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A23500216

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more