A Conversation for The Bus

London, Spring '07

Post 1

Hypatia

London is such a great place for a vacation. There is so much there that no one could possible do everything they want in one or ever two or three trips.

Coely is going to help me sort out my London sightseeing. She knows about lots of interesting places that aren't normally visited by tourists.

Okay. Here's a brief recap of the London bits I did last time I was there.

1. the British Museum (would like to go back)
2. the British Library
3. the Science Museum
4. a river tour
5. Greenwich
6. the London Eye
7. walking tour past the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Downing Street, etc.
8. a picnic in Hyde Park
9. Covent Garden
10. the Chelsea Flower Show
11. Kew (will probably be the afternoon event for the spring meet)

There are a lot of famous attractions not on the list. I'm sending a list of the things I most want to do to Coely. She has graciously agreed to organize them into workable days plus add suggestions of things she thinks I'll enjoy but haven't considered.

I hope it will be possible for my friends who live in London (and you know who you are) to work in some sightseeing with me while I'm there. And if not, that you'll be able to attend the meet so I can give you a hug. Z is trying to work in some time to come to London to visit the art galleries with me.

Teuchter has to go back to work the week after the meet, so I plan to concentrate on London then. We'll be doing gardens and cathedrals in the South the first week I'm there. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

London, Spring '07

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more