A Conversation for The Café

Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 61

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*nabs an Uncertainty donut to go with her anticoffee, and looks at a brochure of Nepal.*
Thanks again, Lil...

Does anyone know how many immunizations you're required to get if you go to Nepal? l mean, you get to ride elephants. l'm weighing both of these prospects in my mind, pro and con.


Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 62

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

So far as I know, there is no anti-elephant immmunisation necessary. Why does Nepal appeal to you?


Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 63

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Oh, l merely meant that my interest in riding an elephant might supplant my vicious and overwhelming phobia of needles. lf l have to get shots, l might just do it for the elephants...

lt's such a pretty place in the world, and a beautiful culture. l'd like to see it, sometime, and l came across some trips there, and also to Tibet and China, while looking for places to vacation this summer. Bit out of my price range, what with airfare and all, at present, l must say, but someday, perhaps...


Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 64

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I'll just be grateful for a chance to get back to England. Beyond that, it would be nice to see New Zealand.


Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 65

Ioreth (on hiatus)

Looney's rubbing off on you?

Just had a rare argument with my mother... she thinks I need to spend more quality time with her. And if I don't want to, by golly she'll make me. Wahoo.

Could I get... hmm. Make it a mocha. Bit of a late night pour moi ce soir, I suppose. Coping mechanism.


Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 66

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Bien sur -----------> c{~}

My mother and I fought right down to the wire. Her instinct was to be hyper-responsible and take over, do stuff for me, spare me the pain, I guess. And my instinct was freedom at all costs.

I have had a long fraught day and I am going to bow out soon, but I'll set up a new thread first. Watch this space!


Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 67

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

l'd like to see England, too. l was there for four hours, one time, on a layover at Heathrow.
Your customs officials really don't have any sense of humour, you know.
They also do not take it kindly if one has luggage-cart races on the people-movers along with one's friends.

Other than that, splendid place. Although the food rather frightened me, but then, my experience with it was limited to a "traditional English breakfast" as served on a commuter plane...


Aroma Cafe Thurs 22 June 2000

Post 68

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

The experience you had on the commuter plane was not food. It never is. Don't listen to them. Is this forum playing tricks on me again? I think this is the thread to the new forum, but the bad part is, I can't test it till I post this and possibly look blonde for the third time in one week. I am confused because it looks like the URL for THIS forum. Oh well, we'll all know pretty soon... http://www.h2g2.com/F26140?thread=60431&post=443634


Key: Complain about this post