A Conversation for The Café

The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 1

Irving Washington

*The Café's old back room has been opened, but apparently the Cleaning Bot's sensors cannot penetrate it's threshold, as the floor is covered in dust, and the cobwebs are quite creepy. Light comes not from the Café's lamps, which seem powerless to penetrate the haze, but rather from a large, gaslight chandelier swinging precariously overhead, and numerous wall mounted gas lamps. [Editor's note: The bar was originally dressed in candlelight, but the author felt a Western feel was more appropriate] The bar itself is being polished by a tall, slender barman in a black, turn of the 20th Century suit, black boots, a bolo tie, and an oversized, crimson Dia de los Muertos mask. His friends call him "Slim," but he doesn't have any friends, so you can call him... the Masque!"*


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 2

Todaymueller

Large martini please slim ,3 olives , shaken or stirred i'm not fussed .
Morning all .

best fishes......tod


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 3

Irving Washington

*Begins mixing... at one point looking wistfully at a bottle of Vermouth*


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 4

Todaymueller

I have to say my prefrence is for quadruple gin , double sweet vermouth , double dry vermouth . Lovely , its what i had when i got in from work yesterday morning .

best fishes.....tod


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 5

Todaymueller


There is something decadent about drinking cocktails at 9 in the morning

best fishes.tod


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 6

Santragenius V

G&T please (A76213)

(I shouldn't. I should be smiley - zzz! It's smiley - bleep 2:30 am...)


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 7

Witty Moniker

And a vodka gimlet for me.


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 8

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I'll take a Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper please.


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 9

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*enters the bar wearing a bright red dress of 1870's fashion with a small bustle, its decolletage protected from outright indecency by an artful arrangement of black lace. Her hat is black and also sports lace and a few egret feathers dyed black to match, and a black cashmere shawl with extravagant fringe completes the ensemble*

*walking boldly to the counter* Gimme some red wine, big boy.


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 10

Irving Washington

*Continues to mix and serve drinks, then pulls out an old, dust covered bottle of red wine, uncorks it with a flourish, and slowly pours, er, Isadore, a large glassfull*

That smiley - redwine is from my vineyard on my family's land back in Italy. Do drink it with the respect it deserves.

*[Editor's note] Am I right in thinking Napa and Sanoma were'nt producing decent wine back in the 1800s? [Author's note] Ed, can you leave the notes for the DVD commentary? You're getting distracting!*


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 11

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I can find out about that later from my historian friends.


That's Miz Lilt to you. *tips back the glass and drains it*


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 12

Irving Washington

That should have been "Sonoma," shouldn't it?

Well, Miz Lilt, I can see you are something of a connosiuer. Would you like to sample a bit from my casque here? It's Amontillado from the old world.


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 13

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Sherry is for schoolteachers, darlin'. I'll just have another glass of the red wine. *smiles then turns, leaning against the counter, to survey the clientele*


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 14

Witty Moniker

*Witty, incongruously dressed in jeans and a turtleneck sweater, catches Ms Lilt's eye and nods.*

*Thinks about maraschino cherries and a particular rat that hasn't been round these parts in quite some time.*


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 15

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

[Lentilla wonders why Witty's wondering about marachino cherries while looking at Isadore Lilt....]

Bartender, give me a Zombie, please!


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 16

Irving Washington

Sorry, we're fresh out of undead. But is there a drink you'd like?


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 17

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Mog] [who is now orange with black wings instead of white with pink wings] IIEM, give me a triple espresso with an extra shot of espresso, and a shot of espresso on the side (with an extra shot of espresso). And make it strong this time. smiley - coffee


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 18

Irving Washington

IIEM is over in the Cafe. This is bar. Need some Bleach?


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 19

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

"Werewolf?"

"There wolf! There, castle!"

"Why are you talking like that?"

"I thought you wanted to."


The Café Bar: Tequila De Los Muertos!

Post 20

Todaymueller

Evening all i have brought my lady friend joolsar , she is wearing pink for charity today

best fishes ....tod


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more