A Conversation for Talking Point: Parental Responsibility

Yes and no.

Post 1

Tacysa

Sometimes, the parents truly are to blame, but, in many instances, you can't possibly place the blame on anyone but the child. A person will become what they want to become and a parent can't discipline their child into submission. In my limited experience, I have witnessed children who come from a strict (but not overly so) and responsible families end up dealing drugs and ending up in various youth detention centers. I have also seen children from families that set no rules for the children end up in the same situation or turning out to be normal, responsible people. Parents are supposed to set an example and enforce their beliefs, but it is truly up to the child to decide on how they will behave.


Yes and no.

Post 2

logicus tracticus philosophicus

parents should be responsible for there childeren,but should not pay for there shortcomeings,its the duty of the community by "example" not enforcement or subversive methods to see "values" needed for the continuation of "group" are held by all.However i do not believe we all have to become "model citizens" as if you do not question authority , your right ect will be first to be challenged.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more