A Conversation for Talking Point: Smoking in Public Places

Why?

Post 1

Smudger879n

OK we all know that smoking is bad for your health, but what about our generation who were brought up to see smokers everywhere! We saw all the actors on the screen and TV not only smoking but endorsing the art of smoking.
We saw adverts all around us, telling us which brand was best for our "Image"
Now, and Now you tell us we cant smoke any more, after being hooked on this so called harmless drug, as we were led to believe!
Any smoker will tell you just how hard it is to quit, and some just cant do it. A local bingo hall in our area tried to ban smoking! Its now closed down due to lack of business! Great! I hope all the places where you ban smoking close down! I am sick of people telling what I can and can not do!
The government gets enough in taxes from the smokers to keep the NHS going for years, as it does with people who drink or drive a car.
Why cant all you do gooders just leave us alone!!!smiley - ok


Why?

Post 2

lw - ck

That is hardly a valid point. How much of this tax money the government gets from ciggerettes has to be used to cure lung cancer and give lung transplants? Probably all of it if not more.

ck


Why?

Post 3

stjarna

Around a third of it, actually. That leaves several *billion* pounds.

I don't have any direct links, but www.ash.org.uk (an anti-smoking group) do.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more