A Conversation for Talking Point: Smoking in Public Places

The outside world

Post 1

Yvonne aka india

Following the smoking ban I've noticed that going into town has become like travelling an obstacle course.

Some years ago, walking past a pub door you might notice the smokey air from inside. This always caught me out as a kid but I now see how minimal that was; now going past many public buildings and the huggle of ostracized smokers one has to take into account the wind speed and direction so as to know how far ahead to breathe in and hold it, and how far after before being able to breathe out and in again.


The outside world

Post 2

nickythewiner

people should be able to smoke were they want and how many they want but its getting to the point now were they will be saying you carnt smoke in your own house. But if people have being smoking for a lot of years and they make they make them stop they can get really ill.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more