A Conversation for Linking to h2g2 From Your Own Web Pages

All the colors look great, how do I choose? (Animated Gif #2)

Post 1

Gavroche

Well...as the title suggests, I liked all the different choices for logos. If I had the money, I'd have every color IMac possible. Wallet difficulties forced me to make a decision there -- Blueberry. I didn't have a wallet problem in this case, creating an animated version was fairly simple. I'm using it on my webpage as long as H2G2 doesn't mind. (If someone minds, I'm sure they'll tell me.) There's a copy on my userpage as well. As long as H2G2 doesn't put the nix on it, feel free to download it from my page. (Or if H2G2 moves it here, download it from here)


All the colors look great, how do I choose? (Animated Gif #2)

Post 2

Biggy P (the artist phormerly known as phord)

for the same price as a yucky iMac you could have bought a tastefull beige Intel or Alpha(more costly) based machine running some flavour of Unix or even Windows, much better than that horrible crippling virus known as Mac OS.


All the colors look great, how do I choose? (Animated Gif #2)

Post 3

Gavroche

Ahhh, but then I would have been beholden to Satan himself, Bill Gates.

There is a version of Linux that runs on a Mac, so I could conceivably install it, but I don't see why I would. I have a Windows NT PC at work. A Mac at home. My Mac rarely crashes. Wish I could say the same for my computer at work. Oh...and all those viruses...they are tailor-made for the Windows system.

When I bought my IMac, i literally took it out of the box, plugged the cord into the wall, plugged the keyboard into the computer, and turned it on. I later plugged my printer, scanner, etc in just as easily.

I have friends with PCs who spend literally hours with their Box open trying to install new hardware. You shouldn't have to be a techie in order to connect a printer to your computer. You should be able to plug and play. With a Mac, you can.

Of course, this argument is eternal....I know I'm right....You know you're right....we'll never reach an agreement.
smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

All the colors look great, how do I choose? (Animated Gif #2)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more