A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Things children say

Post 101

Deb

Well, I'm certainly going to think of that next time I hear the song! smiley - rofl

Deb smiley - cheerup


Things children say

Post 102

Peanut

'Don't take the mick out of the way Dylan speaks he has learning responsibilies'

When she was learning to read, we went down the read anything route but had to have a rule about grafetti after the f word being sounded out in public.
She did well with her c's asking quietly does this c sound like an 's' or a 'k', which made me snigger loudly
We came unstuck in a queue for a slide, when she asked 'Mum what's a (insert sexual act)?', I said I'll explain later, 'but Mum, job and blow aren't rude words are they?'

Sorry I can only of mostly rude ones tonight

Peanut smiley - peacesign




Things children say

Post 103

serenity

My 21 month old grandson has quite a good vocabulary for his age.

We were out at a pub with a play area with several other toddlers about his age. He said his usual 'nee naw' at one point and a mother heard this and questioned his age.
She then said to her own son... 'See, you are older than him and you cant even say 'nee naw' yet!!
smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 104

serenity

While brousing around our local Tesco a couple of days before Halloween, a little girl of about 4 was saying to anyone who would listen...

Happy Halloween.. Happy Halloween.. smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 105

designmonkey AKA George The Gay Hippo

Nephew (3 years old) when seeing me wearing a baseball cap:
"Hello my big duck"


Things children say

Post 106

serenity

My, now 27 month old grandson is stringing words together to make sentences. Apparently he is only supposed to know 3 word sentences for his age.
Yesterday he said 'Grandad, the clouds is in the sky'. Closely followed by, 'Grandad, the bird in the trees'.

Mommy, daddy and nanny dont get a look in smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 107

You can call me TC

Well, well, serenity - do you realise you were one of the first to post in this thread, back in 2006. You certainly are one proud grandparent. It's fun sharing all these things the kids say. Thank you for your contributions. (Oh dear, that sounds as if I'm packing you off! - I mean: please keep them coming!)


Things children say

Post 108

serenity

Hello Tc.

I have two grandchildren. smiley - diva is now 9 and smiley - star is 27 months.
Both have given us great joy over the years. Its a shame that they have to grow up.

If you are packing me off, do I get a retirement fund?? smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 109

serenity

We took smiley - star on the little funicular railway at Bridgnorth today.
We got on at the top station and then went down to river level. I was trying to explain about the other carriage as best as I could for someone so young.
We got to the bottom and he then shouted 'I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!!'

smiley - rose


Things children say

Post 110

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Notepad refers to sleeping in nothing but a pull-up as sleeping in her belly.


Things children say

Post 111

serenity

I know this isnt about what a child had said, but while in a local restaurant, a lady came in with a baby about 10 months old. All dressed in pink.

My partner smiley - seniorsmiley - senior asked if it were a boy or girl smiley - doh


Things children say

Post 112

Titania (gone for lunch)

You're surprised? So, in your opinion, it's not OK to dress little boys in pink?


Things children say

Post 113

serenity

I dont mind what colour they wear.
Personally I would like to see other colours as Im not a girly pink type of person.

Going back to what children say.....
Our grandson has just 'emigrated' to Northern Ireland and was shopping with his parents in their local supermarket.
He told his mom to get some doughnuts cos Nanny and Drandad (not a spelling mistake) were coming tomorrow.
He is only 2 1/2 smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 114

serenity

Our grandson smiley - star has now been living in Northern Ireland for four months. He is now 22 months old.

We went to visit them last week and he was telling us all about the sights.
One being the local pet shop and he was listing the animals that they had on display.
Rabbits, fish, birds, mice, cats and little dinosaurs.(bearded dragons)
I hadnt heard the 'little dinosaurs' very clearly and asked him to repeat it.

He said.... 'You know Nan. The CREATURES!!!'


Things children say

Post 115

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

These are greatsmiley - laugh

My previous next door neighbor kids are coming to say hello.
Oldest ( 4 at most)
Taking his brother for a walk, keeps dropping bits a paper and trash.
The younger is following and picking it up.

I asked why he is dropping trash ? (and waiting for the smaller to pick it up)
He says- it makes my brother feel important !smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 116

serenity

In church this morning, there was a Christening service.
As the collection was being taken, some of the smaller children had been given a few pennies to donate.
The little girl in the row in front of me, put her coin in and then proceeded to take out a £5 note smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 117

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - biggrin Impressed and a little horrified at the same time! But only a little...
smiley - towel


Things children say

Post 118

serenity

In a major supermarket this morning, a girl about 5 years old was whining to her mom, asking for a Barbie doll.
The mom was saying no and making all the usual parent excuses about waiting for Santa.
The girl then asked why there were so many in the shop right now.
More excuses from mom.

Then...... If I dont get one, Im going to be very cross.



It was so hard not to laugh. smiley - rofl


Things children say

Post 119

serenity

My grandson (now 3 1/4) was offered some jelly.

We started to say 'wibble wobble, wibble wobble, jelly on a plate'.

He straight away replied, 'NO, its in a bowl'. smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 120

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Can't get anything passed them, eh? smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post