A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Things children say

Post 141

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


smiley - roflsmiley - rofl


lil x


Things children say

Post 142

serenity

smiley - star had his fourth birthday today smiley - smiley

His present was a new bunk bed and the whole bedroom done out in a Spiderman theme. (quilt, curtains, etc etc)

Grandad.... Do you like you new bunk bed?
smiley - star... Its not a bunk bed, its a double decker!!!

Grandad... Talking about sleeping on the bottom bunk as opposed to the top, because of the height and safety.
smiley - star ... Don't be silly grandad, I can balance.


Things children say

Post 143

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Some gems from Youngest Niece at Christmas.

Her vocalisations for 'grandpa', 'paper', and 'poo' sound exactly the same so it's difficult to know if she wants a hug from grandpa, a piece of paper to scribble on, or has just filled her nappy.

Relating to the nappy, there were great trumping noises and a woeful smell eminating from the corner. When ask if she'd done a poo, the response was a gleeful 'YEEEAAAAH! smiley - biggrin'

She can almost but not quite say 'juice'. It's a little disconcerting when a small child starts gesticulating and shouting 'JEWS!' at the top of her voice.


Things children say

Post 144

Titania (gone for lunch)

Niece, at age 9, when seeing my new handbag and reading the name of the brand:

'I just *knew it was one of theirs, they always make such od- SPECIAL items!'

I think it's my sister-in-law that has taught her to say 'special' instead of 'odd'.

And it was one of these:

http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/2/3/1/4/8/webimg/6676457.jpg


Things children say

Post 145

serenity

Long time, no comment.

smiley - star(4 and a few months) has a jigsaw of some builders on a building site. A bit like Bob the builder-ish.
He bought it to me as I am the better grandparent at doing jigsaws.
We did it... He then went for his building blocks.

He came back and said the jigsaw picture was the instructions and the directions as to what he had to build and commenced, following these instructions.


Things children say

Post 146

serenity

smiley - star was playing in the garden now that the better weather is here. He found a worm.
He went into the kitchen and called to mommy.

Mommy, come and see what I have found.
She then saw him open his hand and show a wiggly worm.
He told her that it was the daddy worm and that he was going to look for the mommy worm and the children after school tomorrow.
I don't know if he did find them or not smiley - laugh


Things children say

Post 147

Bluebottle

At 6am this morning my 6-year-old son came into our room and said that when he is an adult he is going to marry the Queen, because he wants to live in a palace...

<BB<


Things children say

Post 148

Bluebottle

At about 6:45am this morning my 4 year old daughter came into our room and said 'I wish I was Samuel Pepys'.

I gave her my note planner, said 'here's a diary' and she wandered off happy.

<BB<


Things children say

Post 149

Bluebottle

My 4 year old daughter this morning:

'Who is Bob? Does he wear glasses like you, Daddy, or is he a normal person?'

Ouch.

My 7-year-old son this afternoon said 'All babies start off the same and then they turn random'

<BB<


Things children say

Post 150

Bluebottle

First thing in the morning my daughter wandered in wearing only a pair of bright yellow pants and said 'I look just like Mowgli' (character from 'The Jungle Book').

<BB<


Things children say

Post 151

Bluebottle

What do children think about in June? This morning my son said:
'When I'm older I'm going to build a city at the North Pole, so adults can see Father Christmas.'

<BB<


Things children say

Post 152

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


I meant to put this into the thread a couple of days ago.


Last weekend Hubby's niece, a school teacher with teenaged children, promised to look after her brother's two sons overnight so their parents could have a quiet night smiley - winkeye


5 year old Josh phoned his auntie and said: "Me and Tommy are staying with you for the night, so you might need help looking after him"

Niece: Oh. Do you think I might need help with Tommy?

Josh: Oh yes. He still wakes up in the night, and mommy has to give him some milk from her boobies!

Niece: But I don't have milk in my boobies.

Josh: That's okay. Just give him a banana instead!

Niece: Thank you Josh. That's most helpful.

Josh: You are very welcome.



lil xx

smiley - biggrin


Things children say

Post 153

Bluebottle

'It's NOT pretend food, we're pretending it's REAL food.'

Obviously I should have known that. Lesson learned - never doubt the verisimilitude of a teddy bear's tea party...

<BB<


Things children say

Post 154

Bluebottle

"Babies can't say 'one hundred'. Or 'eleven'."
- My daughter who randomly explained why mathematicians tend not to be in nappies.

<BB<


Things children say

Post 155

Bluebottle

As it was a wet weekend, yesterday I set up the scalextric (a Christmas present) for the first time this year. To which my daughter excitedly exclaimed,
'It's wonderful! It's a miracle! It's a TV dinner!'
This was an unusual way to describe it, but I think she's picked the expression up from our reading 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' recently, particularly the scene where Willy Wonka broadcasts a bar of smiley - choc.

<BB<


Things children say

Post 156

ITIWBS

smiley - musicalnote...the bear went under the mountain! To see what it could see!smiley - musicalnote

smiley - musicalnote...the freight train entered the tunnel!...smiley - musicalnote


Things children say

Post 157

Bluebottle

'Heaven is a good place; it's just like Legoland...'

<BB<


Things children say

Post 158

Bluebottle

'Some people don't believe in Father Christmas. They think their presents fall out of the Christmas Trees.'

<BB<


Things children say

Post 159

Bluebottle

My son was wondering what school he'll be going to when he leaves the one he's in now.

Son: What's after Juniors?
Daughter: February.

<BB<


Things children say

Post 160

SashaQ - happysad

When I was on the train the other day, the two children in the seats in front of me didn't say anything when I blew my nose as quietly as possible with just a little *honk* - they just fell about laughing smiley - blushsmiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post