A Conversation for Pleasure, Pain and Permanence - H2G2's Body Modification Society.

Members and Modifications

Post 61

Yvonne aka india

I could probably remember them in chronological order , but that's just too much like hard work (I've been collecting for nearly 15 years), so from top to bottom: a nose stud, one pair of regular earrings, two extra holes in my right ear, two tongue rings, done on separate occasions, a pair of nipple rings, navel bar, clit ring and two pairs of outer labia rings, again done on two separate occasions.

Well, ya did ask smiley - smiley

I tend not to go for visible things like labret studs or septum pierces, I prefer stuff that's secret. You also tend to get lass flack from work and places.


Members and Modifications

Post 62

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Ouch! haha.

Im kinda glad you said some of those coz you'll be able to answer this.... of the vch and nipple piercings, which one was the most painful? I want both but I think Im a bit cautious of someone poking around in my girlie areas with a sharp needle, despite having a lovely piercer, its a scary idea!
Also, how long did that take to heal?

Im kinda dull, I've had my eyebrow done twice (1st one migrated out, and the second is following it) labret, had a total of 4 in each ear but now left with three in left, 2 in right. Sooooo want my nipple done and am toying with the idea of the vch as a surprise for my OH.


Members and Modifications

Post 63

Yvonne aka india

Had to do a bit of checking for "vch", but my other half enlightened me.

From what I can remember, the vch was the more painful to do initially but healed quite quickly, two or three weeks tops appropriate care being taken. No need for salt water washes like with the other piercings though, a predominantly self-cleaning system already in situ smiley - winkeye

The advantage with the nipple piercings is a bra to hold things still while they settle. I understand that you've got to be careful about how far back nipple rings go, so they don't damage the underlying breast tissue itself. Got mine done on separate occasions, so I had an idea of what it would be like the second time around.

You want them, you go for it. And if your OH gets something out of it then that's a bonus.


Members and Modifications

Post 64

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

That was my reckoning with the vch, I mean, how on earth would you soak that area??? Short of filling a bath with salt water, I was all out of ideas! Gotta love the femal body, so much easier to deal with! lol.

I'd have thought a bra would have rubbed the nipple piercing slightly, did you not get any irritation with it? So many other people have said go braless if possible to avoid irritating an already tender region.

OOh I will talk to my piercer and see what shes up to and if she fancies stabbing some holes in me!


Members and Modifications

Post 65

Yvonne aka india

Most of the problem with the vch was the anticipation and fear of how painful it might be. My nipples were quite fibrous so tough to pierce, but to solve the problem of rubbing, I fashioned some doughnuts out of tissue and rested them around the nipple itself to keep moving fabric out of contact with them.

From my experience, piercers are *always* up for sticking holes in people!


Members and Modifications

Post 66

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Thats my problem with all piercings. Im such a wimp right up until the second its done then its all good and I could happily sit there all day and have holes jammed in me..... alas, funds never seem to allow though.

I'll drop her a line and then change my mind about 100,000,000 times before hand.


Members and Modifications

Post 67

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Also, kust had a lil look at your page.... do you pierce professionally or just your other half?


Members and Modifications

Post 68

Yvonne aka india

No, neither of us is a professional. He was doing his own piercings before I met him, and after that, he did mine and instructed me what to do so that I could do his.

Like "make the marks where the holes have to go", "take the clamp and fasten it round this bit of skin", "postion the cork, and push firmly and quickly", "put the ring in the canula and pull it back through", that sort of thing.

The last time I had a professional pierce I was 12 and my mum let me get my ears pierced while on holiday smiley - cool


Members and Modifications

Post 69

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Sounds like a good way of doing it.... and much cheaper!
I know what Im like, I'd do it and go through something important and bleed to death! lol


Members and Modifications

Post 70

Yvonne aka india

Yeah, I suppose it is cheaper, purchasing stuff like piercing needles is an online thing, jewellery can be bought quite freely these days. The ability to cancel and wimp out on your own time is a luxury you don't get in a piercing parlour.

You get blood occassionally, yes, but it's usually slight and stops quite quickly, just a bit of cotton wool and 30 seconds. Not enough for the smiley - vampire to get interested.

I hear that A&E is quite good these days smiley - doctor


Members and Modifications

Post 71

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Yeah although being housebound, A&E isn't so much an option! haha.

Thankfully I have a wonderful piercer who comes out to me and well, I wont take her mobile number so I cant cancel on her! hehe.


Members and Modifications

Post 72

Yvonne aka india

So, you have a piercer who makes house-calls? I see what you mean about not having her number so not cancelling and remaking the appointment loads of times smiley - smiley If you don't get out, I sort of imagine someone turning up with her stuff - antiseptic, needles, jewellery, cotton pads, etc all in an innocuous looking bag - same theory as plain paper covers for mail-order things.

I'm sure that if you can hang onto the eyebrow pierce it will look ok, something subtle and away from the centre, but still there and framing your face.


Members and Modifications

Post 73

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Its quite funny really, she has a case with all her things in which is, as you say, rather innocuous...... but she has bright pink hair in a mohican and loads of visible piercings and tattoos herself so she isn't all that discreet! lol.

I love my eyebrow piercing but its on its way out. I've babied it and loved it and talked to it even and its still rejecting but well, Im not going to take it out, if it doesn't want to be there then it can make its own way out!!

And as a mini side bar.... I just found a tattooist who'll come to me too!!!! Im dead excited but sooooooooo scared!!! Im such a wimp about all body mods and its been... wow, 9 years in feb since I had any sort of tattoo so Im dead scared! But this guy is lovely and has some fabulous work so thats all good.
Will probably post pics when I get it done!!! I must be brave and face my fear! lol


Members and Modifications

Post 74

Yvonne aka india

Bright pink mohicans aren't out of the ordinary any more, less common but still not a rarity. The church youth group I used to attend, a couple that came: Stef had a mohican shaved at the sides in a greenish colour and Angie wore long black hair with the heavy eye makeup that could have made her look frightening if you didn't know her.

I think that some tattoos look really good and admire their wearers for putting in the time (and probably expense) to get them. I just couldn't pick one design to be happy with for all time. Some of the tattoos other members here have mentioned sound fun and stylish, the woven barbed wire design. Also, yes, the pain thing; unlike pierces where it's build-up, action, aftercare, I think that tattoos are a far greater procedure that takes quite a while over an extended period per session. Ouch!!

I imagine that many tattooists would be reticent about doing house calls 'cos of the hygiene thing and how clean *they* can get *your* environment.

Look forward to seeing the piccies when you're done smiley - smiley


Members and Modifications

Post 75

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Well where I live are a LOT of asian people so a white girl withpink hair is still a bit 'out there'.

I've had more issues with piercings than tattoos to be honest. A week after its done and its all healed! Theres not a lot of piercings that are 100% healed after such a short time.
As far as the hygiene of house calls go, I entirely see the tattooists point, but I'll throughly scrub everything and it'll all be covered in cling film before he starts as well so it should be ok. It not like my house is filthy or anything.
Im just soooooo nervous, I called him up today and he sounds really lovely so thats a good thing, just gotta get together the cash and the courage and Im sorted! Woohoo!! ARGH!!!


Members and Modifications

Post 76

Yvonne aka india

Yes, I guess environment does affect what is normal or common.

Never having had any tattoos I can't comment on the healing, cleaning, or maintenance processes I was in no way implying that anyone's house is any cleaner or less clean than anyone else's, good grief, no! I just know that some "personal services" providers are a bit uppity stuff like that.

You go, girl! I'm sure that once you get started it'll all be good, and any fears that you have will be forgotten. Let us know how it goes.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more