Storm of Chronos

5 Conversations


This page is a VIPER mission page. To join, please go to VIPER and sign up.

A world destroyed again and again... A world you have to save.



The world of Heval is stuck in time, reliving the same day over and over again...

Unfortunatly, it's the day the world was destroyed.

Now it's up to you. The population don't realise they're in a loop, and anything that wasn't there at midnight that fateful day will be lost to infinity when the jump occurs. The only place to hide is the VIPER Chronoship in orbit. All activity takes place around Heval Deep, the only city on the planet, and the largest of the world's mines. As Heval is a mining world, most of the planet is bleak, but mineral resources are plentiful.


Midnight comes, and the world returns. The clock is ticking, and armageddon begins anew...

A note on Time: Please place a Time index at the top of your postings (eg: Time=00:00. {4:14pm} or however you wish to do it). All characters must be back on the Chronoship by 23:32 (11:32pm). Anyone unable to post will be teleported out automatically.

The Chronoship


The only safe place of Heval. Be sure to get back here before 23:32, or you'll never return...

From here, VIPER personnel can gain access to armouries, scanners, long range communications, teleporters and medical facilities, as well as shelter from the Jump. Remember, if at first you don't succeed...

The Marketplace


The Marketplace is the hub of activity down on Heval. It's quite quiet until 9:00, but will become all but deserted by 21:10. A good place to find people, as well as being the centre of the City.

The Town Hall


The Town hall is always active to some degree. There are guards on the gate, but they are mostly for decoration. It is most active from 7:00 to 22:00. There is also an Alley next to the Town Hall.

The Deep Mine


The Deep Mine is active 24 hours a day, producing coal, oil, minerals, even water from hundreds of miles of tunnels. The Mines are well guarded, as without their financial earnings, Heval would die. Also, Heval would die literally, should the Hydro-plants fail...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A914618

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more