The Shrineworld

8 Conversations

Welcome To The Shrineworld!


My name is Marshal, I'm currently in charge of this place. Allow me to explain what is happening here...


This Shrine is the original home of VIPER, and we won't give it up again now it is retakable! However, there's still many foes to vanquish, and it won't be easy...

To anyone lost in the desert, this is a VIPER installation, and so only VIPERs or VIPER Cadets are admitted, this is a warzone after all! Should you wish to join our cause, come on up to The Office of Ouroboros Plaza and I'll sign you up. You will then be an official member of VIPER.


Besides my Office, there are many other places to explore, renovate or clear of JACKAL soldiers. There may be other threats on this world, so caution is advised at all times... Just click on a Title to download the latest route surveys to your destination.

The Greenhouses


These Greenhouses are mostly destroyed, but the plants within are still alive. Those that are considered dangerous are kept in underground houses, and make excellent poisons.

The Scout Skimmer


Kran has commendeered an abandoned Scout Skimmer from an old hanger, and is using it to check the surroundings. Anyone willing to aid Kran in his operation, report to the LZ. Kran's craft is currently grounded, and I'm not sure how long for, so report to The North Hanger for details.

The Cryo-Crypt


This is the place where the Black Widow rested after being crippled at the hands of Fester. He was killed in battle, and the crypt collapsed. However, there may still be areas to explore...

Sniper Alley


Sniper Alley is one of the deadliest places in the Shrine. This is the place for snipers, but anyone who tries to move through the South-Eastern areas of the Shrine, or worse, the South-East Road, is sniper fodder.

North Hanger


The North Hanger is our main area for aircraft storage. If Kran's craft is grounded, check in here. The Skimmer should be here until further notice.

The Apothecarium


The Apothecarium is badly damaged, but enough has survived to be usable as a medical facility. We still need a doctor, though, and we're hoping Recrash or someone else will fill the role soon.

High Orbit Station


We have several Satellites and High Orbit stations recently launched above the Shrineworld. They aren't perfect, though, and some may require maintainence and repositioning.



That's all I can do for now, if there's anything else I can do, call into my Office and tell me what's up.

Viva Venerato.

-Marshal.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A880940

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more