A Conversation for The Shrineworld

The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 1

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Marshal is sitting at an old desk, overlooking the Shrine. The door leading to what is left of the Plaza balcony is open a crack, allowing him to see, and shoot any possible enemies that try to enter.*


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 2

Kran The Ugly

*walks in 2 swords over his back and his pistol holsterd on his left side*

Theres a JACKAL force about 20 miles south-east of here. Id say the easyest way to get them is to go kill them is to go back, get some fighter-bombers from the temple and then just blow them to bits.

What do you think sir?


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Marshal spins around, levelling his VIPER 175 at Kran.*
[Marshal] Oh! So sorry.
*Re-holsters the gun.*
[Marshal] Hmm... Good plan Kran. Listen, you should scout around, find yourself somewhere safe to stay. My old room's just below this one. There's two beds in there if you want to get some sleep... I'm going to do some scouting later on when Fester comes back.


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 4

Kran The Ugly

ok, ill go get some rest, but the moment we're going for some action, tell me. thanks *walks out*


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 5

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] By the way, these are for you...
*Hands Kran a series of Honours.*
[Marshal] Fester's brought back the old VIPER Honours. Those are what you've earned so far...

Go to the VIPER page to see what they are, I'll put a link to where you can find their meanings in a minute or so...

If you want action, go explore! Report anything interesting you find (ie: Make a conversation about an area, and I'll put the Link in).


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 6

Kran The Ugly

*runs in* Marshal! Youve got to get to the Apothecarium. Pestilence is there with a JACKAL prisoner, im going to get recrash, hes just landed. *runs out again*


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 7

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] What the hell? I'm right there!


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 8

Mystrunner

*Decides, for once, to actually use the door. Walks in.*

Good day. I would like to enlist.


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 9

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] A pleasure to have you, welcome to VIPER. You're current rank is Cadet. Any promotion or Honours will be awarded when earned. If you have not already seen the VIPER Temple, you can also go there; A699267. Your Rank and Honours are shared by both the Temple and the Shrineworld. Oh, and if you have any Sniper of Medical skills, then you'll be really useful to us.
*Marshal looks out the window, over the ruins beyond.*
[Marshal] I should warn you, this place is a battleground. Make sure you look after yourself. Any additional information on your skills would also be nice.


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 10

Mystrunner

I have sniper skills, and close combat using anything at hand, preferably sharp.

I also have considerable skill as an assassin.

Thank you sir. I await further instruction.


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 11

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] Orders are pretty open; secure the Shrineworld. Look around, find where you're needed, and kick some JACKAL ass!


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 12

recrash

This is Recrash, field medical, reporting from the Apothecary. Have you seen my servo-drone?

Just then, the door creaks.

A man walks in. Tall, well-built, and neat in military-cut gray clothes, he stands before the desk. Marshal looks closer. The clothes don't just resemble a uniform, they WERE a uniform. Before the insignia had been removed from the darker, wear-free patches on his outfit. In fact, they're pretty worn, more than a little threadbare.

"Hello, you." he says. "I heard you're the guy to see if you want a job."

Marshal raises an eyebrow. "And who might you be?"

"They call me Mikkie." The stranger says. "Doublegun Mikkie."
Marshal looks down and does indeed note a set of double gunbelts tied low at his hips. Unlike the rest, these look new, brand-new were it not for the ease at which they fitted him. Obviously, very well maintained.

"Like the hardware?" he hears Mikkie say. In a flash, the holsters are empty, and he's staring into two black lizard-skin-finished Desert Eagle .50s. Then the hands are empty, and the holsters are full and heavy. Then empty. This goes on a few times more as Mikkie makes the guns appear and disappear. He doesn't even see a blur.


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 13

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] I'm impressed...
*There is a brief sensation of movement, and Mikkie is staring down the barrels of this own guns.*
[Marshal] You ain't the only one who can move fast...
*Marshal hands back the weapons.*
[Marshal] So, are you here to join us, or just visiting?


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 14

recrash

[Doublegun Mikkie] "Actually, I'd like to join. My last outfit didn't, ah, survive."

BOOM! A thundering explosion rocks the much-abused structure yet again. Dust and bits of plaster fall. Marshal gets a tile on the noggin, as the noise grows even louder.

[Marshal] "You wanna join us, well, call this your first assignment! CALM THAT RACKET!"

"Yessir!" Mikkie yells, just as he scrambles out.


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 15

Mystrunner

*Walks into the office.*

Sir, I would like to find an assignment. Where am I needed?


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 16

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] I don't know... we've got some action at Terrania, and there's always trouble around here... Listen, I'll contact you if something comes up.


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 17

Mystrunner

Yes, sir.
I would also like to inquire wheather I have received any merits as of yet, and what your opinion of nano-augs was...?


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 18

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] Here.
*Throws Mystrunner three small metal strips. They are one inch long, one cm thick and have a green band along the middle.*
[Marshal] Three Citations for rescuing Nesal. Good going there, by the way. As for Nano-augs... can't say I know what they are...


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 19

Mystrunner

Thank you, Sir. Nano-Augs are much like advanced cybernetic enhancements, but aren't visible to the naked eye, unless you know what you are looking for.

I am rather well-augumented, but some people have a problem with their use. You can find a full description on my dossier (My Space).

Just asking for your approval to use them, that's all


The Office of Ouroboros Plaza

Post 20

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] Interesting... Enhanced Stealth Movement System... I get the feeling Fester will have the copywrite on these by Monday... even if you already have it. Believe me, I've been sent to hack the Patent office more than once... Anyway, it isn't my job to tell you how to do things. Use them if you want to.


Key: Complain about this post