The h2g2 Post: 30.09.19

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 30th September 2019

Violets and Buttercups by Dmitri Gheorgheni We're enjoying the late flowers up here in the northern hemisphere. Down South, Willem is tending early plants. So goes the world around. Until it doesn't. Are you worried about the environment, friend? We should be. Those melting icebergs are not normal.

Are you tired of people treating environmentalism as a fad? Are you fed up with the trendy 'solutions' to problems that don't change anything and just end up making your life more miserable? Then read us. Willem wants to talk about wildlife: what's here, how it fits into the pattern of our natural world, what's endangered, what's not, what we can do about it. Enjoy this week's bird. Then talk to the artist. Ask him about wildlife protection.

SashaQ's got something to show and tell, too: a photo and essay about landscape management, and a video of some wildlife that is unfamiliar to many of us. You don't want to miss this.

You may not be able to reverse climate change or bring back the passenger pigeon, but you know what? You can love the nature on your back roads. bobstafford wants you to meet his new friend: the kitty he rescued from under a hedge. Bob has cat-radar. We approve.
Breaking News: Cat Gets Into Very Small Box by Dmitri Gheorgheni
Speaking of kitties, the cats-in-boxes competition continues unabated. So far, TJ, the Post Office's Assistant Editorial Kitty, seems to be in the lead with smallest box so far. We've got a photo for you to caption, too.

We're not all about wildlife this week. We've got human animals, too. There are quizzes: one has Royal Persons in. There's cinema, of a sort. There are lolz. There's a funny story by Paulh, and some video music by Mrs Hoggett. The comics continue their epic sagas, with demons and dinos and office workers, oh my. There's black-and-white photography to wonder at. Paigetheoracle is still in Scotland, and Tavaron is Suzie-Q-ing it in Carnuntum. In other words, there's lots to see here.

1 October brings with it a new Create Challenge. This one poses the internet question, 'Is a Change as Good as a Rest?' Share your thoughts.

A heads-up for November: Yes: there will be NaJoPoMo. This year, the Post isn't doing photos, music, or films. Instead, we're doing something different. We realise how dangerous this is, but if they can put a man on the moon, we could try something new once a decade…. If you're interested in joining the group writing project, '30 Hours in Hooverville', please see the Post Editor, who is in charge of indoctrination and assignments. More on that in weeks to come.

In the meantime, enjoy yourselves out there, and pet your cat(s) and/or dog(s) today.


Have a great week, all of you.



Quote of the Week: Politics has many layers

All of them are volleyball players!


FWR.



Create October 2019 by Freewayriding
October Create Challenge:
Is a Change as Good as a Rest?


Dmitri Gheorgheni

LOOKING AROUND

MENTAL EXERCISE


LOOK TWICE

LOL-ING AROUND
WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT?
STORY HOUR


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87942676

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more