October 2019 Create Challenge: Is a Change as Good as a Rest?

1 Conversation

October 2019 Create Challenge: Is a Change as Good as a Rest?

October Create Challenge by FWR

We all face changes in our lives. Some are small, like discovering a place you didn't know existed, but others are life changing, like getting married. Some people relish change, because they get bored with the same old things and want to move on. Others dread change and feel comfortable with the familiar. Which are you?

Tell us about changes in your life and how you coped with them.

Do you remember changing school? Did you meet new friends, or find the teachers too demanding?

Were the early days in that new job an exciting challenge or did things go badly wrong?

When you moved house1, did you find a flood on the floor, or meet the love of your life?

Have you recently retired? Was this the beginning of an exciting new chapter, or are you sitting in a chair gazing out at the garden?

Send us stories, poems and photos, or write an Edited Guide article about your new occupation or the new place you have discovered.

Create

1Note for Americans: Moved. You didn't have to take the house with you.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87949921

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more