Don't Beware of the Dog

0 Conversations

Don't Beware of the Dog

White dog, wagging tail while chewing on a red telephone handset

His name is Fifi. Okay, so the pound promised us a female poodle and delivered a bear- sized black Mastiff instead. He looks scary, doesn't he? Well, he's a softy. And there's the problem. We can't keep him inside, as he's bigger than some of our rooms. We tied him up out front, and he scared several mailmen away. (We had to explain things to the Post Office so we could continue getting our mail.)

There are three frail old ladies on this block, and they used to walk past our house on their constitutionals. Not any more. We've begged them to resume their usual routes, but Fifi is just too scary for them to contemplate!

It's not all bad, of course. Six houses in the neighborhood have been robbed, but ours is not one of them. Fifi is doing a great job just by looking scary.

Fifi gets lonely. One of the few people who isn't scared of him brings his female chihuahua to visit Fifi. We're a little leery of letting them mate, though, given the likely size of the puppies.

Fifi will also...wait, what are you doing, Fifi? "No, Fifi, put that toad down! Bad dog, Fifi!"

Apparently Fifi will eat toads, even that really bigone. I'd better amend my sign to read: "Don't beware of dog, unless you are a toad."

Sigh.

General Features Archive

Paulh

30.09.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87950109

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more