Join the Q: SashaQ Goes Outside

1 Conversation

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: SashaQ Goes Outside

Based on my recent Join the Q Entries, regular readers might think I've been cooped up indoors with Cleverbot too much, and they would probably1 be right. However, the weather has been lovely and bright, so there was no contest – Cleverbot could wait, but the signs of Spring would soon be fading. Thus I went outside and took my camera with me.

AzaleaMagnolia
Pink BluebellHouse sparrow

I am lucky that I have a little garden, and at this time of year it is quite colourful with flowers in different shades of pink. There is the hot pink of the Azalea, the dusky pink of the Magnolia and even my Bluebells are pink2!

I'm also lucky that it isn't just flowers that I have in my garden – I put food out for the birds, and a House Sparrow family has made a nest in the eaves of the building. Each morning and evening I am greeted by the sparrow's simple tune and it makes me smile to see him sitting there, surveying his territory.

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

29.05.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Or rather, certainly...2They are hybrids rather than true English Bluebells, sadly, but they still add a splash of colour to the garden in the Spring.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87889397

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more