The h2g2 Post 10.06.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 10th June 2013

Whistling Up Some Ideas

Lounging around the barber shop.

'Down by the o-l-d m-i-ll stre-am...' Do you remember barbershop quartets? Maybe you prefer doowop. There was a time when h2g2 couldn't say doowop, but some things have got fixed around here. The stripedy cats are back in, too. We're not sure about the fuzzy ear coverings, so we won't risk it. All this is to say that, like the guy holding up the barber pole over there, summer puts strange thoughts in our heads.

We share. We're generous like that.

Lady Pennywhistle is headed for the UK this summer, and would like to know who is interested in a minimeet in Leeds or London. If you're going to be in the neighbourhood, drop in on her page(s) and get in on the planning.

Pastey's been thinking. (Uh-oh.) And he's got Creative. Check out his poetry challenge for Create. It's called 'Book Poetry', and it is indeed a challenging idea. If you've got the right stuff, join in. If not, you can just admire along with the rest of us. We'll be publishing the results, count on it.

This week, the Post welcomes its newest contributor, Freewayriding, who has a really interesting dog. Besides being an agent of chaos, Cozmo inspires his people to find out more than they ever wanted to know about British currency. You'll be fascinated, as we were.

The usual suspects are back with fun, games, and food for thought. Enjoy, leave messages.

Remember: no matter how strange your thoughts are, you are not alone. The h2g2 Post is with you!

Have a good week!
PS: I believe I said last week that you'd seen the last of the meteorite story. I lied. There's one more installment, a sort of summary. Rest easy, then it's over. If anybody gets inspired to do their own graphic Guide Entry, the Editor will be glad to share the template.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL

STRANGE DOINGS


 

STRANGER THAN FICTION


 

 
NOT SO STRANGE

REALLY STRANGE

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87795283

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more