Time to put on your thinking caps.
The Post Quiz: Summer Holiday Fun
'In the summertime, when the weather is hot.' Or not. (Sigh.) Take your mind off unseasonable rainstorms (and snowstorms – sorry, upper state New York ) and answer the questions from the Edited Guide. What do you do for fun around the world?
- How do Norwegians make Pentecost special?
- What dance, familiar to Nobel Prize Winners, is performed at Swedish midsummer maypole ceremonies?
- What do people in the Peak District of the UK do to their wells in the summer?
- What kinds of performances fill the streets of Edmonton, Alberta, during the summer months?
- What objet d'art in Collinsville, Illinois celebrates its birthday in style every summer?
- If you went to a Kirmes in Düsseldorf, what would you find?
- Why are people looking up in the sky in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, every July?
- What can you see from the open-top bus in Cleethorpes, UK?
- Where do you want to be to see the sun rise over the Heel Stone on Midsummer's Day?
- At what appropriate patriotic venue in the US can children who visit take sculpting lessons?
How good was your summer fun knowledge? Click on the picture below to find out.