The Creepy Edited Guide

0 Conversations

This material is not for the faint-hearted. You have been warned.

The spookiest thing about h2g2 is often…

The Creepy Edited Guide

Pumpkin by Wotchit

The Guide is your source for information on Life, the Universe, and Everything. You may not have thought about the fact that the Guide, in places, can be downright scary. (No, Gnomon, misplaced commas do not count as scary.)

For your Halloween delectation, we at the Post have collected a must-read list of Guide Entries that will thrill you, amuse you, and quite possibly make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

>smiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghostsmiley - ghost

Ghosts

Ghosts are part of Life, the Universe, and Everything, right? Life, after all, is often wasted on the living, as a wise man once said. Our Researchers have collected interesting ghost sightings over the years.

Pay attention to the movement you see out of the corner of your eye. And remember –   don't split up.

smiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - batsmiley - bat

Vampires

From Dracula to Buffy, vampires are a perennial Halloween fascination. Creepy, gross, threatening, cosmic, comic, or sexy, the guys and gals with the pointy teeth are here to stay. As director Dan Curtis said (often) to Jonathan Frid, aka Barnabas Collins, 'don't forget your fangs'.

smiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoomsmiley - zoom

Witches

You think we can't do witches? Surprise. The Guide abounds with witchy and wizardy stuff that has nothing to do with those Hogwarts students. Sometimes, the Guide points out that witches are not necessarily bad people.

smiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monstersmiley - monster

Yucky Stuff

Besides things that bump around and make your knees knock, Halloween seems to be about things that make your stomach churn. At least, it does if you believe Hollywood. Not to be outdone, we include some of the most nauseating Entries1 ever to come across the cybertransom.

Caveat lector.

Do not read these Entries alone, or in the dark. (Or before dinner.)

The Post General Features Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Elektragheorgheni

31.10.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1And one in Peer Review, awaiting judgement.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87713076

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more