Talking Point: When the Revolution Comes...

68 Conversations

Madame Guillotine

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy defines the marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation as 'a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes,' with a footnote to the effect that the editors would welcome applications from anyone interested in taking over the post of robotics correspondent.

Curiously enough, an edition of the Encyclopaedia Galactica that had the good fortune to fall through a time warp from a thousand years in the future defined the marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation as 'a bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution came.'
- Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


Everyone has a little daydream about how they would run the world should they ever become the one supreme power. You probably have a list of laws you want to enact or repeal in the quest for your new world order. This week, however we are looking for you to tell us whose absence would improve your life no end.

So who will be first against the wall, when your revolution sweeps you to power? Has your little brother made your life a living hell? Would you nominate a politican, popstar or a person in your office? Here are some people who should be worrying if the Editorial Team should ever gain world wide domination:

  • Abi's dentist might be young and hunky, but he is top of her list.

  • Anna has nominated people who drop litter. They just shouldn't be allowed.

  • Ashley is fed up with the cycle couriers of London. Don't they know that traffic lights apply to them, too?

  • Jimster has a special area of hell reserved for the Post Office, in particular, Parcelforce .

  • Natalie has voted Bill Tidy, Richard Stilgoe and anyone from Countdown's dictionary corner out of her new Republic.

  • Sam is keen for the snobs of the world to make a sharp exit.

So who would you expel?

Graphic supplied by Community Artist Wotchit.

A568721

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A869196

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more