A Conversation for Talking Point: When the Revolution Comes...

afraid my list is quite long!

Post 1

arwen, doing nasty essays. being a student should *not* involve work!

1)george bush, if only for coming up with classic phrases like;
'more and more of our imports are coming from abroad'
amd
'the trouble with the french is they have no word for entrepeneur'

2)andrew lloyd webber; if you've listened to any of his shows (although i do enjoy them) most of the music is taken from other sources-there is a bit in 'whistle down the wind' which is identical to jurassic park. and he makes so much money from it, and never gives any to charity

3)ditto bill gates

4) footballers who earn £100,000 a week. no-one is worth that much money, especially people who's job doesnt help anyone

5)farmers. not all farmers, i hasten to add, just the ones that keep the animals in horribly cramped conditions, and feed them on the animals that have died from said conditions, and cut chickens wings and beaks off so they take up less room and cant hurt each other (i'm veggie, in case you hadnt realised!)

6)my new music teacher, who is incredibly arrogant, not even v good, doesnt mark my work then says i wont get the grade i want, and wont give up *any* of his spare time (was even having doubts about coming to my recital, which is 50% of the course)

7)the people in charge who have completely messed up the a-level system, and have made it completely meaningless by telling the exam boards how many people are allowed to get each grade

8) the same people who got grants themselves at uni, but wont let us have them, as we 'dont deserve them' and will 'only spend it on alcohol', when some required textbooks cost around £60 each.

9) dictators who have no concern about how they treat the people they are sposed to be in charge of.

10)ridiculously nice music examinors who then give you bad marks


afraid my list is quite long!

Post 2

Earthman

In defence of footballers - the only way football gets money is because either people pay to see the matches, or TV companies pay to televise the matches because they believe people want to watch them. They aren't diverting money that could go to nurses in the way that, say, hospital beaurocrats are. So the people to blame for footballers earning huge amounts of money are those who vote for the parties that promise lower tax bills so that they have more money to spend on watching football.


afraid my list is quite long!

Post 3

arwen, doing nasty essays. being a student should *not* involve work!

i'm not against the footballers as such, just gets me when they so obviously flaunt the money that they get, when there are people starving


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more