A Conversation for The Beat Generation

Howl

Post 1

superdogmonkey

Nice informative piece. I've got a smattering of the stuff mentioned but not any Gingberg. Is Howl worth getting?

smiley - monster


Howl

Post 2

the Shee

You don't have any Ginsberg?????

(surprised, if ya couldn't tell smiley - winkeye)


Yeah, I would think very much so. Unless you happen to be a homophobe, in which case ... well, you mightn't be too happy. In fact, if you have any sort of prejudice ... you mightn't be too happy. It's graphic. But very, very good (in my opinion). I bet your library would have it; that would probably be the best place to go if you aren't familiar with lots of Ginsberg's work.

(I think it is fantastic. smiley - smiley)


Howl

Post 3

superdogmonkey

Thanks, I'll give it a go! The quotes in the article were enough to get me interested.. actually, thinking about it, I do have some spoken Gingsberg on "Combat Clash"!

smiley - monster


Howl

Post 4

the Shee

smiley - biggrin


Howl

Post 5

superdogmonkey

i've put an order in at my local bookshop. Should take a couple of weeks to arrive. Can i tell you what I thought when I've finished?

smiley - monster


Howl

Post 6

the Shee

Certainly! smiley - smiley I'm not going to be here very much for the next couple months though smiley - erm--I promise I'll get back to you, but I don't know how long it might take.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more