A Conversation for Spike Milligan - Comedian

really p****d off

Post 21

Mark Moxon

Hmmm. Well, it's in the interests of the Community to know which words are and aren't allowed on h2g2 (if only to inform your Alternative House Rules), so here are the words that will be *'d out. Also, any words containing these words will be *'d out similarly, so motherf**ker will be *'d in that way, as it contains f**k.

a**e
b*****d
b******s
b****r
cl*t
c**k
c**t
d***o
f**k
j**m
p**s
p***k
s**t
t**t
w**k

Also, the following words will normally mean a failure, rather than a *'ing, as they're simply offensive... but sometimes (in quotes, possibly) they may be allowed to stand, but will be *'d out.

c**n
n****r
s*****c
y*d

That's the entire list. If you see anything else that's *'d out, you're entitled to complain. (But please, don't get too zealous, and don't yikes old content that was moderated before the list got shorter, or we'll get snowed under!)


really p****d off

Post 22

Martin Harper



I was interested to know the words which have been taken *off* the list! smiley - winkeye

But thank you, nevertheless... smiley - smiley


really p****d off

Post 23

Mark Moxon

Ah, but it's much easier to tell you what's *on* the list now. The words that were taken off should were bizarre inclusions, IMHO, and it doesn't help anyone to laugh at some of the more esoteric words from the past...


really p****d off

Post 24

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Oh, go on, we could all use a smiley - laugh... smiley - winkeye


really p****d off

Post 25

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

btw, I'm intrigued that you starred out the French word in my earlier posting; a French-speaking friend assured me it wasn't in any way rude. Were they having me on?


really p****d off

Post 26

Galen

does w**k stand for work?


really p****d off

Post 27

Gwennie

I would suppose that depends on whether one's using one or two hands to "work" with Galen... smiley - angelsmiley - run


really p****d off

Post 28

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Maybe my imagination is not up to scratch. What on earth could "s*****c" be?


really p****d off

Post 29

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Think of words like "pastie", "plastic" etc...

It's an epiphet used for those with a mental and physical disability...


really p****d off

Post 30

Gwennie

Didn't the charitable organisation SCOPE used to be known as the "Spastic's Society" before the term became politically incorrect?

Having said that, I do remember that back in the 60's, the term s*****c was used in the school playground in a derogatory fashion towards anyone who was behaving in a particularly stupid manner. smiley - erm

If I remember correctly, in those days s*****c was also officially used to describe certain disabilities by the medical profession.


really p****d off

Post 31

Martin Harper

>> Didn't the charitable organisation SCOPE used to be known as the "Spastic's Society"

No - cerebral palsy doesn't effect grammar - they were known as the Spastics Society... smiley - tongueout

The community has been discussing this at F48874?thread=164610&latest=1 , so we don't need to bother Mark. smiley - smiley


really p****d off

Post 32

Gwennie

It only effects it in my case Lucina...smiley - blush


really p****d off

Post 33

compo

On a slightly different tangent unconnected with the much missed Spike,I seem to remember the song "Spasticus Autisticus" by the late Ian Dury was banned as being potentialy offensive to people with cerebral palsy and autism.Ian himself is reported as saying that the song could raise awareness of the conditions to the general public who may have little knowledge of them.

Enjoyed the main article anyway.Long may Spikes memory live on,occassional expletives included.


Key: Complain about this post