Fort 214: "The Fleapit"

11 Conversations

The Farthest Flung Extremity of Places Marked By Dogs...

The rolling dunes of the desert sweep as far as the eye can see, their golden expanse glittering under the burning sun. The horizon, baking under the sun's rays, has only one feature.

Rising a majestic thirty inches from the sands squats the imposing shape that is the Foreign Flegion Fort known best as "The Fleapit". Its garrison are some of the hardest-bitten (and hardest-biting) fleas in the world, all killers to the last flea, commanded by some of the mangiest hounds in the whole of Christendom.

The mighty fort stands overlooking a sparkling oasis known only as "The Qream". Stretching a full three feet, it is the only body of water in this part of the Al Qua-Sandpit desert and so jealously guarded against attack by the mysterious Sandcats, those enigmatic desert raiders led by their deadly leader, the Catiph.

Grimly the fleas protect their stronghold, but always the cats attack, attack, attack, as relentlessly as a sandstorm and as withering as a whirlwind.

Will the plucky arthropods hold firm, or will the cats get the Qream?

Who can tell, dear reader, who can tell...


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A693957

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more