A Conversation for How to Be a Successful Tourist
how to be a successful tourist
beanfoto Started conversation Sep 4, 2001
1) Learn enough of the language to get by - the local people will excuse mispronounciations but not an arrogant stance that EVERYONE should understand english/american.
2)Be prepared to rough it.
3) Take the first few steps past the tourist traps.
4) Don't drink the water till you know it is safe.Watch out for bottled water with suspicious seals. Theres usually a good trade in refilling bottles from local stand pipes.
6) Haggle like fury but be friendly.
7) Don't forget your hat in hot countries.
8) Leave your prejudices and preconceptions at home.
9) Be prepared for culture shock and when it happens seek out fellow tourists.
Key: Complain about this post