A Conversation for How to Get a Good Night's Sleep

herbal tips

Post 1

night nurse, not able to post until her computer is mended.

Although as my name signifies I sleep during the day, I use a really good herbal supplement that contains Valerian and Kava-kava.
It dos'nt keep you asleep but deepens the sleep that you do get so that you wake feeling more refreshed. I have been using it for a number of years now with no apparent side effects
Iknow that valerian is one of the most widely used herbal night sedations in Europe,especially for some reason Russia If you want to know more about Kava-Kava, just write it into any good search engine, as ther is alot of information about it on the web.
Then consult yourlocal herbal shop

PS It also works if you sleep at night


herbal tips and "vitamins"

Post 2

Alfredo

Yes, there are many herbs and Foodsupplements which can help in the night.
I won't describe them, but only mention them.
Their names in Latin and the Dutch name which you might recognize in English.
There we go.

As mentioned earlier,

KAVA KAVA (which is forbidden in Holland from 2003)

Humulus Lupulus/ Hops, which we can find in beer.

Valeriana Officinalis (officinalis always means;"the medical variant")
Valerian.

Hypericum Perforatum/ St Johns Wort.(negative; interaction with anti-depressive medicines and it makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight).

Melisse Officinalis.

Salvia Officinalis / Salie( but also pushes down your bloodsugarlevel)

Escholzia Californica / Goldpapaver (no not the addicting papaver..)

Eleutherococcus / Siberian Ginseng. (normalising effect on mind+body)

Trifolium Pratense / Red Clover; anti depressive,bút also works as a detoxification, so be carefull if you use medicine, cause it puts it out of your system.

Passiflora Incarnata / Passion Flower.

Chamomilla Recutica/ Kamille


And from the world of foodsupplements;

Inositol (family of B-vitamins) in relation tot panic disorder.

The Amino Acid L-Tryptophane (anti-stress)

Vitamins B and Magnesium (stress); give it a try.

GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) .It regulates brain and nervecell activity. GABA is referred to as the "Brains natural calming agent".

Melatonine; normally used for jet-lag. Forbidden in Holland, for sale in the USA. Many can sleep very well with it. I absolutely don't. It sucks my mind. Specially those who work in shift hours can have great benefit from it.

NAD - nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide / family of B3 vitamine.
The variant of this is called NADH.
It really works with me, but is very expensive.

None of what I mentioned can be addictive.


Don't drink coffee in the evening, tea(= theïne=caffeïne!), much alcohol and nó paracetamol with caffeïne.

Good Night, Sleep Tight.


Greatings from Amsterdam, Alfredo


herbal tips and "vitamins"

Post 3

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

Some good herbal info there! smiley - ok

Some people find Valerian makes them too groggy the next day - I for one find that I feel 'drugged' for several hours after I wake up.

Kava is great, but it's next to impossible to get hold of it here in the UK anymore. smiley - cross


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more