A Conversation for How to Get a Good Night's Sleep

alcohol -Catch 22

Post 1

Kes

As the entry says ... a little alcohol helps you relax, but dehydrates, so drink some water ...

But of course, then you wake up in the middle of the night desperate for the loo ......


alcohol -Catch 22

Post 2

BrainSurgerysFun

Also, you shouldn't make it a habit to get wasted and then fall asleep, as when you've consumed a reasonable amount of alcohol, you do not dream, and this messes with your brain and can lead to psychosis if practiced frequently.

--Dani


alcohol -Catch 22

Post 3

Flying Betty- Now with added nickname tag!

That's odd- about the only time I ever dream is if I've consumed a reasonable amount of alcohol. Other than that I rarely ever (maybe twice a year) dream.


alcohol -Catch 22

Post 4

geordie jo

maybe you only remember you dreams when you been drinking because you were drinking?


alcohol -Catch 22

Post 5

latrucino45

For 3 months I have been tortured by a stiff,uncumfortable neck that wont let me sleep.I f I drink a couple beers I can fall asleep but I wake up after 5 or 6 hours and i find myself moving my head back and forth searching a comfortable position but there isnt one.same with naps .Impossible to sleep.I am so tired and worn out.


alcohol -Catch 22

Post 6

iPad

I find sometimes that I get a better nights sleep after a few drinks and burning the candles at both ends than doing overwise, but its not as good as getting a really good night's (sober) sleep.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more