A Conversation for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

HHGTTG Movie

Post 81

Carole

I've just started reading 'Le Guide Galactique' (my way of learning french language). To my amazement Ford Prefect is named Ford Escort, Arthur Dent is Arthur Accroc and Zaphod has become Zappy Bibicy - I've not reached the Slartibartfast bit yet!!!
Someone wrote about DVD and languages - does that mean a french version of the film will have these revised names?


HHGTTG Movie

Post 82

soeasilyamused, or sea

wow. that's weird...


Cast for HHGTTG Movie

Post 83

Bond, James Bond

Hey, Cheesebeth, I like some of those ideas... Martin Short would be great for one of the Zaphod's heads. But I don't know about Paul Reubens as Ford... Paul Reubens usually plays more off the wall parts. I mean, Ford is a bit off the wall, but in a more sane way than I can see Paul Reubens doing it. And two people I think we need to fit in there somewhere... Steve Martin and Alan Rickman. I can't seem to think of somewhere to place them, but I think Steve Martin's great, and Alan Rickman has to fit somewhere. Too old for Ford I think but... I dunno.


Cast for HHGTTG Movie

Post 84

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Alan Rickman's the waiter in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe - we can rely on him to build up the part as required... smiley - biggrin


Cast for HHGTTG Movie

Post 85

anonymousalien

i actually think the previously posted idea of jeff goldblum as ford is great. and these would be either really good or really bad, but meg ryan or helen hunt or jodie foster as trillian? i know, i know, they're not british, but at least one of them might (keyword might) be able to pull it off. i dunno for arthur. but wouldn't it be amusing if kevin kline was zaphod or maybe ford?


Cast for HHGTTG Movie

Post 86

soeasilyamused, or sea

jeff goldblum... hmm... that's an interesting idea, really.

either way, i don't care, as long as sean connery is slartibartfast!!!! lol smiley - winkeye


HHGTTG Movie

Post 87

Miss Archy

Trillian is British, and she is a BRUNETTE! Gosh...the tv version really messed things up! smiley - smiley


HHGTTG Movie

Post 88

anonymousalien

any actor or actress can dye their hair. sheesh.


HHGTTG Movie

Post 89

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Apart, perhaps from Telly Savalas, because (a) he hasn't got any, and (b) he's dead. smiley - biggrin


HHGTTG Movie

Post 90

soeasilyamused, or sea

well, let's hope his agent isn't still getting him gigs then...


HHGTTG Movie

Post 91

Bond, James Bond

"Lets everyone give a big round of applause for Telly... What? He is? You're kidding!? Umm, folks we have some bad news..."


HHGTTG Movie

Post 92

Miss Archy

(replying to anonymousalien) Sorry for any confusion, I was replying to another post quite a ways back in this thread...I thought it would somehow associate my reply with what I was replying to, but that wasn't the case. Anyway, someone way back when was saying that whoever played Trillian would have to dye her hair blonde for the movie, and someone else mentioned that Trillian is American, which is dead wrong (that's what I was replying to).


HHGTTG Movie

Post 93

Random

Ok I'm new, but why did the conversation about the movie end last september?
Is there a movie?
I love lexx and agree with the craig charles casting, and possibly the John Cleese, But Mr Carey, not at all sure about that.


HHGTTG Movie

Post 94

Random

Oops think i got my dates mixed as hve just found a load more stuff, sorry


HHGTTG Movie

Post 95

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Random, in the left hand column, under the words "Current Conversation" and some VCR-like buttons, you will see one or more red dots. Each dot represents a page of 20 forum postings; the brightest one is the page you're viewing at any given time. To go to the end of a forum, click on the right-most dot... Hope that helps! smiley - ok


HHGTTG Movie

Post 96

anonymousalien

theoretically, assuming that the movie actually is being made, when would it come out?


HHGTTG Movie

Post 97

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Twenty years too late...


HHGTTG Movie

Post 98

Random

Thankyou
Will experiment a little more.
Must admit that for a HHGTTG fan I am not well up on computers or the web etc,
thanks again


HHGTTG Movie

Post 99

Random

Thanks peet
I will read the instructions more carefully next time.


HHGTTG Movie

Post 100

Pastey

Let's see now...
Alan Rickman definatley as the waiter in the Restaurant.
A strange idea, but what about Julien Clary as the voice for Marvin? Just think about it first, and think of him as was in Carry on Columbus.
And what about Richard Wilson (Vic Meldrew) as Slarti?

I'm still not sure about Mr Carey as anything, but he's guaranteed to pull in the viewers.

smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more