A Conversation for How to Best Prepare for Old Age

Develop new skills

Post 61

jazzme

Hi love, smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Lovely to hear from you again - hope that confused lost feeling is passing on. I hope 'they' don't go dashing into war - The second world war ate into my teenage years but fortunately my call-up didn't happen until the hostilities were over. We had bombings for a number of years - especially the London Blitz and now the Germans are our allies!!!! It's a crazy world and the older you get the more pacifist you become. But your president is right - we have to get in there and stop these terrorists - the Irish as well as the Arabs.

But to lighter thoughts - we had a very restful holiday - got in 5 reasonable walks. The longest was from Kyle of Lochalsh to the white island half way across the new Skye bridge. It was the home of Gavin Maxwell who wrote 'Ring of Bright Water' and kept pet otters. My wife is nuts about him and reads all she can find of his life. We walked for about 4 hours there, a walking tour then back. Fortunately it was fine that day.

Scotland is a beautiful place, especially when the weather is fine - a bit like the rocky mountains on a much smaller scale and the mountains are much older and more rounded.

Enough for tonight - see you soon

Love Jazz smiley - hugsmiley - kisssmiley - kiss


Develop new skills

Post 62

jazzme

Have I lost you? smiley - wah

Jazz


Develop new skills

Post 63

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

I'm still here, smiley - hugsmiley - smooch just been a bit distracted by life, the universe and everything. Guess I went through a bit of a depression for a while, everything seems a bit insecure.

I've decided to try to find another type of job, am looking toward marketing. Selling cosmetics doesn't feel as if it's going to be terribly prosperous for the next few years, and it's time for me to get a real job again, anyway.

We're in the midst of our first truly coolish weather of the fall, and I love it! Actually had to wear a light jacket when I went out the other evening. The idea! I'm hoping this front lasts til my next day off... it puts me in the mood to make a giant pot of jambalaya.

Hope everything's going well with you. What have you been up to lately?


Develop new skills

Post 64

jazzme

Hi love, welcome back on line - have some St.John's Wort - good for depression and non-habit forming herb !! smiley - biggrin

smiley - doh What's jambalaya ?

I've returned to evening classes to do Calligraphy and Yoga again.

Over the summer I have written out all 75 verses of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (Ancient Persian poet) and am about to start to bind it up into book form.

I've also just started a new cross stitch picture of a flower girl which will take some 6 months or so to complete - happy evenings smiley - biggrin

Best of luck with you search for a new job - in Civil Engineering we have a web site advertising loads of posts - anything like that in your line? How about moving from beauty to modelling - it pays very well I hear smiley - biggrinsmiley - winkeye

G'night love smiley - smooch

Jazz


Develop new skills

Post 65

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

I've taken St. John's Wort in the past... you're right, I probably ought to go pick some up. It helps take the edge off.

Jambalaya is a cajun dish I like to make when it's cool out. It's a spicy-hot dish that I throw all sorts of things into, depending on my mood. It always has rice, diced tomatos, some jalapeno, red beans, various sausages, chicken, corn, olives, onion, and bell pepper. I make a giant pot of it and serve with cornbread, invite my friends and have it with beer. It's become a tradition now.

Sounds as if you've been awfully busy lately. smiley - smiley Did you design the flower girl yourself, or do you buy the cross stitch kits? You just reminded me that I have a picture I stared embroidering about a decade ago, an underwater reef scene. smiley - laugh I guess I ought to dig it out and see if it's worth finishing.

I discovered a career placement website that I'm going to pop my resume into, see what happens. I've never worked in marketing before, but with my varied work history it might be a good fit. I'll just have to see what happens. I've always kinda fallen into jobs, never put a great deal of effort into the search, just land a position and then generally end up adding additional responsibilities to it. The cosmetina stint has been a bit different, no real room for growth in any direction I'm interested in. I'm ready for a real job again now, but I'm not willing to relocate.

Bedtime now, before I doze off at the keyboard. The time change always throws me for a few days. G'nite, my dear. smiley - kiss


Develop new skills

Post 66

jazzme

Hi love,

Your jambalaya sounds just great to me - I'm on my way over for a dish-full ! smiley - winkeye I'll have to have mine with root beer though as I haven't had a drink for just over 4 years now and, if you'll excuse me, I don't want to start again ! (Well I would like a drink now and again - but now and again in my calendar means now and in 20 minutes time and in 40 minutes etc. etc.) smiley - biggrin Happy days.

The flower girl I'm working on is a professional design (Lanarte) but I borrowed the chart and photo-copied it. I have done quite a few of my own design based on paintings by others - but I liked this one as soon as I saw it.

I hope you spot a job to your satisfaction and go out and get it - I've never worked in marketing other than helping to sell industrial sites in Cramlington where I basically provided information on what we could provide to lure industrialists into our estates.

Keep me informed please

Goodnight love smiley - smooch

Jazz


Develop new skills

Post 67

jazzme

Happy New Year love smiley - kisssmiley - kiss
I hope you are well - and settled in to a new job smiley - biggrin
May 2002 be good to you smiley - smooch
love Jazz


Develop new skills

Post 68

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Happy New Year! smiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

I'm not in a new job yet, haven't been really actively pursuing anything yet. Somehow, even though I'm ready for a change, I'm still not quite sure which direction I want to go in. I'll figure it out, in time.

So, what's new with you? Did you enjoy the holidays? Have you been on more adventures lately?

I'm recently becoming a bit of a domesticated animal, really enjoying growing my little garden and even baking bread! smiley - laugh I don't know quite what's come over me lately. I even went and got a tattoo, which was NOT something I'd ever pictured myself doing, though I'm quite pleased with the lil fella now he's a part of me. *snort* Am I having some sort of bizarre mid-life crisis? smiley - winkeye Nah. Couldn't be.

Don't get too cold over there.... I can't even imagine what it must be like to live in that kind of climate for so long. I actually had to wear a jacket and socks and a hat for two days, due to a cold front, and that was quite enough of thast sort of thing for my taste.

Take care, my dear! smiley - smooch
smiley - hug


Develop new skills

Post 69

jazzme

My H2G2 programme keeps crashing


Develop new skills

Post 70

jazzme

I can only type a few words then crash


Develop new skills

Post 71

jazzme

Please email [email protected]


Develop new skills

Post 72

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

I did, and I'm off to bed now. Look for a Brittamog in your inbox.
smiley - smooch If you haven't been able to fix the problem by the time you see this, I'll make a thread on Ask h2g2 and try to get an answer for you, if you'll give me the question to copy there.

smiley - laugh Seems to me as if the answer might have something to do with 42.....

Ciao, darlin'!

smiley - hug


Develop new skills

Post 73

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Hi darlin'smiley - kisssmiley - hug
I saw you in the book group... glad you made it. Are you in the middle of The Time Machine now? I'm glad to read that one again, haven't since I was a kid. I got a copy with several of his stories which I've never read, so I'm looking forward to reading all of them.

Just wanted to pop in here and smother you with smiley - smoochsmiley - cuddle and nibble some smiley - strawberries since we don't have those little goodies in our emails. smiley - smiley


Develop new skills

Post 74

jazzme

OoooH !! I've gone all goosey smiley - loveblushsmiley - smooch

love you smiley - kisssmiley - hug

Jazz


Develop new skills

Post 75

jazzme

Got to keep it short darling - it's cut out on me twice smiley - kisssmiley - kiss


Develop new skills

Post 76

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
I know you can't hang around here... poor darlin'. But I thought I'd leave you some smiley - bubbly and smiley - choc and smiley - gift and smiley - smoochsmiley - cuddlesmiley - hugsmiley - kiss. hehehe I don't think I've EVER used so many smilies in a post. smiley - silly me!


Develop new skills

Post 77

jazzme

Hi Darling
3rd try
thanks for all those smileys - I'm flattered


Key: Complain about this post