A Conversation for Caltrain Rail Service, California, USA

surcharge?

Post 1

Paranoidandroid

In my experience riding Caltrain thus far, I have never been charged a $1 surcharge for neglecting to purchase a ticket before boarding the train when a working ticket machine or open ticket counter was available. I have ridden the train between Palo Alto and Mountain View up to four days in a row, buying 1-way tickets on the train each way, and I the conductors have never mentioned a surcharge. I am not suggesting that the writer is misinformed, but I wanted to share my limited experience.


surcharge?

Post 2

Brian Rice

I've seen it. Generally speaking, it's the luck of the draw...some conductors are aggressive about collecting the surcharge, and some aren't.

Brian


surcharge?

Post 3

Clickie

I've never been charged the surcharge, and I only ride the train from San Antonio to SF 4th and King, which both have ticket machines.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more