A Conversation for Vehicle Bumper Stickers

What's on Your Car?

Post 1

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

So, Minerva, you have written a fabulous article. But one burning question remains... what bumperstickers do you have on YOUR car?
smiley - winkeye


What's on Your Car?

Post 2

james

i've got a mother earth window sticker in the lower center of my rear window,the kind you can see from both sides, i pretend i'm driveing away from the planet when things start to get to seem b******d down here on earth...i've got a white oval GD on the side of my dreamcast interact steering wheel. i would probably put a h2g2 sticker on my car too if one were made available


What's on Your Car?

Post 3

miniwidge

Rust shaped and colored stickers. They're so realistic, they're slowly growing and eating through the paint.


What's on Your Car?

Post 4

Researcher 143860

spotted at a car show on a vintage volkswagon transporter [rust test in proggress please do not remove]


What's on Your Car? Take care with the legal side

Post 5

You can call me TC

Be careful not to abuse the oval white nationality plates with the black letters. In some parts of Europe they are quite strict and you can be fined for NOT having your nationality displayed in this form on the back of your car. As far as I know, you are legally obliged to have them on as soon as you cross the border, whichever country you go to. This may be an insurance, a customs, or a police rule, I am not sure which.

I think, too, that I have heard of people being warned or fined for having the wrong nationality ID in the official white oval format - e.g. if one of the partners is of a different nationality and displays their country, too, or if one is a particular fan of say Ireland or France, or has ties there. Find out the rules when travelling abroad and stick to them.


What's on Your Car? Some good ones

Post 6

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

~a view from the states~

It's been a couple years since I was in Europe (I'm going there for easter break hopfully) but when I was there I say maybe acouple of those ovals. Immediately when I got back to DC I noticed a few, predimonatly OBX standing for the outer banks, a popular beach in North Carolina which I love. Any way, some of the best one I have seen to date are:
Bad cop, Nooo Doughnut!!
Keep honking, I'm reloading!
I still miss my ex but my aim is improving!
Back off Barbie


What's on Your Car? Some good ones

Post 7

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

My personal favorite of late is the one that says "my other car is a hunk of junk, too".


What's on Your Car? Some good ones

Post 8

Godless Infidel

Neither of these are currently on my car, but they are favorites:

'If you don't like the way I drive, get the h**l off the sidewalk' - my alltime fave.

'667 - the neighbor of the beast' - just odd enough to be funny

And of course, the Darwin badge - again, not on my car, but I do have one on my black and white Fender Strat - matches the rest of the hardware!!


What's on Your Car? Some good ones

Post 9

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I saw a fabulous one today: "Did you ever stop to think and forget to start again?"


What's on Your Car? Some good ones

Post 10

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

really, my friend says that all the time! of course he also says that happiness is like peeing in your pants.....I'm beginning to question his sanity...


What's on Your Car?

Post 11

Tuarinn

i personally like the ones that say

I'm not suffering from insanity-i'm enjoying every minute of it.


What's on Your Car?

Post 12

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have a window sticker that says "Just another Bandwidth Junkie" that is smack dab alongside the gun rack. I have to be the only redneck looking pickup truck with geek stickers on it. I am also going to paint the following logo on it when it is lifted for four wheeling.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

A common one here is "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." that I do nto like myself. I am a Jeeper too, but I know that anyone with an appreciation of fourwheeling does not own a Jeep.


What's on Your Car?

Post 13

marvthegrate LtG KEA

For the record I also have a mug named Mug (go figure) that has no less than 20 different stickers on it ranging from a stolen octane rating from a petrol pump to a good year sticker to bicycle stickers to explosive warnings. Mug must be seen to appreciate how long it has taken me to get to this level.


What's on Your Car?

Post 14

You can call me TC

Mary - where is here?


What's on Your Car?

Post 15

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Sorry, it is Marv no Y in my name Here is Utah.


What's on Your Car?

Post 16

minerva

Sorry for taking so long to answer your burning question as to what bumper stickers I have on my car. I lost my internet access (lousy corporate snoop software....) for a while and am temproarily able to get in here now.

I currently drive (for perspective's sake) a '97 VW Jetta. It only has two stickers: Question Authority, and Coil.

However, I used to drive a beat-up '88 Toyota Camry with loads of band stickers (Sisters of Mercy, Ministry, Bauhaus, etc) and a few smarta&& ones like "Runs With Scissors", "Doesn't Play Well With Others", "If you don't want to see it, don't look; if you don't want to hear it, don't listen; if you don't want to know, don't ask" and the like. There were a couple anime characters in the mix, too.

Saw a great one on I-95 outside Lumberton, NC at about 7:45 this morning: "I dig pale scrawny guys". (I didn't think they had goths in Lumberton, NC. I also didn't think goths would be up driving around at that hour.) I also like "My Lunachik beat up your Fly Girl".


What's on Your Car?

Post 17

Spock

"Aliens do it inside you" and "I never break for Daleks"


What's on Your Car?

Post 18

J. Nigel Aalst

Until recently, I had one on my trunk that said "What Would Satan Do?" It's been a big hit ever since I moved to the south from New York.

Besides the OBX and various European country white oval stickers, I've seen some state ones as well. I used to have a take-off Vermont sticker that was green and white instead of white and black. I lost it when I had to junk the car.

Another big variation among hippies and college students is band oriented white oval stickers. The ones I've seen include GD (Grateful Dead), JGB (Jerry Garcia Band), PH (Phish) and BNL (Barenaked Ladies).

There's also a lot of fish out there these days. My favorite is the Satan fish, which is on fire. smiley - smiley


What's on Your Car?

Post 19

jrhuxley, patron saint of dragonflies and protector of chipmunks

other than several band stickers and some by an artist i like that are different abstract representations of andre the giant, my true 'bumper sticker' says "I love(heart symbol)waffle house"...I had one on my first car and have another one put aside for my next car.


What's on Your Car?

Post 20

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I want to get a license plate frame that reads "Too close for missiles... Switching to Guns"
On my new vehicle I am loath to dirty it up with stickers unless I *really* want them.
My "Just another bandwidth Junkie" sticker sadly went with my Jeep when I traded it in.


Key: Complain about this post