h2g2 Post 18.09.2000

0 Conversations


Posted: 18th September 2000

Welcome to this edition of the Post. The Olympic Games have finally started in Sydney, Australia, so we have an unusual amount of articles from 'Down Under'. Why not start at the top with a personal view of Spring from Loonytunes? Then check out the results of other sport in the Antipodes kindly provided by Linus in his article Pre-Olympic Sports Wrap-Up.

Further coverage of this once-every-four-year event can be found under the Olympic Torch!

Talking of fairly rare occurances, the Dutch Meet draws ever closer. There are twelve definates and a further five possibles... why not add yourself to the total?

The article from Pseudemys this week takes us to The Loire Valley... he certainly gets about!

Voting for the Virtual Prez closed tonight, so if you didn't vote, don't blame us if the candidate who wins isn't the one you would have preferred. Look out for the results... and an acceptance speech from the successful candidate, in next weeks' Post.

A big event last weekend was the marriage of two h2g2 researchers. Find out more in the Announcements section.

If any articles from regular contributors are missing this week, may I apologise now. I have been suffering from a tricky problem... my mouse was sick and , although it seems much better now, (Thanks Kheldar!) my modem has decided to also play 'find me if you can'! I wonder if this is a disease contracted from the outbreak of blockades and dissent spreading all over Europe at the moment?


Any copy, articles, suggestions should be sent to The Editor. Please use this same address if you are interested in volunteering to become a regular contributor.

shazzPRME


  • Roving Reporter



  • This Week: The Church of The True Brownie.

    Just what is this all about? It is certainly not

    what you may think.

  • View From The Queue



  • This week: The report on the diminishing queue of entries
    waiting to be approved, plus some tips on how

    to keep the scouts and sub-eds happy.

  • h2g2 Life



  • The cartoon series with style! Do you have problems

    explaining to others what h2g2 is?


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A438347

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more