A Conversation for Pub Quiz Tactics

Researcher's Addendum

Post 1

DickieP

We had a mildly successful tactic at University in Sunderland during the early 1990's. One of our team regulars had gone to school with the quizmaster of the best pub quiz (in our opinion) in the city.
One night when we were performing very badly, he hit upon the masterstroke of writing down the names of all of the quizmaster's ex-girlfriends where we had blanks on the answer sheet. We did better that night than at any other time.
We were able to exploit this source of blackmail/humour for some time in various ways (including the night we got a load of signed Manic Street Preachers gear).


Researcher's Addendum

Post 2

I'm not really here

Most quizzes I have been to involve swapping your answers with the next table, so that would not have worked. Does this mean I have been playing in inferior quizzes?


Researcher's Addendum

Post 3

DickieP

Some places are friendly and open like that. The hardcore quiz teams wouldn't let you within a pint's throw of their answers.


Researcher's Addendum

Post 4

I'm not really here

I didn't realise that it was such a cut throat business.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more