A Conversation for Watering Holes in Newtown, Sydney, Australia

The Sando

Post 1

kasei_girl


Ahhhhh The Sando
Many a saturday afternoon did I spend there a few years back watching my friends band "The Magic Lunchbox", and getting comfortably inebrieated.
I was utterly crushed when I walked in there last time and saw nothing but pokies and harsh fluro lights. My faith in human kind was diminished on that day......
But hark, I have recently heard that they are back! That live music has returned to the Sando!
I can't be entirely sure about this, but I am told that one brilliant Muso name Brett Hunt often has saturday night gig's there now.
If it wasn't for the fact that I now live in Wollongong, I'd be back there with Bells On!
Please can someone clarify..... "Is 'The Sando' back on track?"
Cheers
Kasei
smiley - magic


The Sando

Post 2

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

i haven't been for a while. They may have accoustic type music but to my knowledge nothing like the good old days smiley - sadface


The Sando

Post 3

kasei_girl


Yeah, that would make sence, Brett Hunt is a great acoustic artist. But damn I miss the dark atmosphere of that place and that huge square bar right in the middle. Goddess bless the good ol' days of the sando. smiley - cry
Kasei
smiley - magic


The Sando

Post 4

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

I share your sadness. It was quite a unique setup watching bands through the bar staff.

I'm not sure if i saw Magic Lunchbox but i have certainly heard of them.

I saw Shaggin' Wagon there way too many drunken saturday afternoons


The Sando

Post 5

durqu

This pub has changed back to a music venue with independent abnds most nights of the week. Saturday has had a long running residency of Dave Tice and Mark Evans, who played respectively with 2 great Australian bands - Buffalo and ACDC.

Well worth a vist for music.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more