A Conversation for 'Blackadder' - the TV Series

Favourite Episode

Post 1

Graham

I too love Blackadder. My favourite episode is Amy and Amiability from series 3.
It must have the highest number of gags both visual and spoken of any of the episodes.
I must say though I did feel sorry for that squirrel!!! Oh yes and for the German people after that outrageous slur about a lack of personality!!! Oh yes and for Welsh Male Voice Choirs!!! Oh yes and for the lady in the coach the pregnant junky fag-hag.
Could anyone ask for more


Favourite Episode

Post 2

raphella

my favourite is bells from series 2, paticularly the lord flashhart scenes. Rik Mayal was so fantastic in this episode Why is he so under used as a character actor in this country? I have waited in anticipation for 10 years now, for anything that could even touch blackadder, but to no avail.


Favourite Episode

Post 3

Researcher 195129

yes they could. Potato is the best by far - (and i've only seen the first 2 series) so wrap that in tabaco and smoke it!


Favourite Episode

Post 4

Researcher 195129

oops. i was relplying to the guy at the front!


Favourite Episode

Post 5

friendlywithteeth

Mine's the one with Dr Johnson, we performed it for GCSE Drama and it was so cool! I was Baldrick!


Favourite Episode

Post 6

Drusilanne

I love Rik Mayall as Lord Flashheart, Flash by name, Flash by nature *WUFF*. DAMN HE IS SO FUNNY.

smiley - devil*Deepest Sympathy*smiley - devil


Favourite Episode

Post 7

friendlywithteeth

why deepest sympathy??


Favourite Episode

Post 8

Drusilanne

For the f**k off it, I have been putting it down for ages.

smiley - devil*DS*smiley - devil


Favourite Episode

Post 9

friendlywithteeth

...right


Favourite Episode

Post 10

Doc

Ink & Incapability rules."Anything I can do to facilitate your
velocitous extramuralisation, sir?" .
Still, my favorite line comes from Sense & Senility :"They do say,
mrs.Miggins, that verbal insult hurts more than physical pain. They are of course wrong,as you will soon discover when I stick
this toasting fork in your head,"


Favourite Episode

Post 11

friendlywithteeth

smiley - laugh B/A and Baldrick were the best!


Favourite Episode

Post 12

egon

My favourite episode was Goodbyeee, for the ending, which in my opinion is the most touching piece of television ever in a sitcom.


Favourite Episode

Post 13

friendlywithteeth

That was a moving piece...


Favourite Episode

Post 14

egon

Gets me welling up every time. just watched it again this morning, and it's just so sad, but also the bravery in finally showing up, but the futility of it all as they cahrge to their deaths. And the slo-mo black and white, the slowed down theme tune and Poppy Fields... It's just heartbreaking, isn't it?


Favourite Episode

Post 15

friendlywithteeth

It does kinda lose it's impact when just the last section is shown at assemblies on armistice day every year: it is so much better within the context of the last episode..


Favourite Episode

Post 16

egon

When i was watching them this morning ( I watched the entire series back to back), I thought that it works best if you watch them all, because gradually you see Blackadder trying to get out of the trenches in more and more desperate ways, and you get all the laughs etc. But then you get to the last 5 minutes, from when George says "Actaually, I'm scared sir" until the poppy fields, and you see them finally facing up to their fears and finally resigning themselves to death.

Very poignant, especially in a comedy show. That was really the only blackadders eries where I cared about them all dying at the end. because it was such a stright, serious finish.

I remember when i was in upper sixth we did watch the entire episode in a General Studies lesson.


Favourite Episode

Post 17

friendlywithteeth

I'll have to watch it again, as I do love that episode... It's a moment that would have fallen flat on it's face if it hadnt worked so well..


Favourite Episode

Post 18

egon

But it just came off brilliantly didn't it? And I also like the fact that there are no closing credits for that episode. it doesn't end as planned, ,like the lives of it's characters.

That last 5 minutes wasn't comedy, it was pure drama!


Favourite Episode

Post 19

friendlywithteeth

It was heart wrenching!


Favourite Episode

Post 20

egon

It really was.

Especially when they have the false hope that it's all over.

And the all-time best line in Blackadder:

"Whatever it was, i'm sure it was better than my idea of getting out of here by pretending to be mad. Who'd notice another madman round here?"


Key: Complain about this post