A Conversation for Reading in the Toilet

Excellent entry

Post 1

Deb

The Apprentice: this is a fantastic entry, it really made me smile. I'm one of the few - a woman who reads on the loo. Personally I prefer Calvin & Hobbes and usually have a selection piled on the window-ledge. For many years a "toilet book" was part of my dad's Christmas present, and I buy my brother the Viz annual every year (which I can then enjoy when I visit!).

smiley - applause

Deb smiley - cheerup


Excellent entry

Post 2

van-smeiter

It is an excellent entry and I'm sure that you had much fun "researching" it smiley - winkeye I spend some of my favourite reading time in the tranquility of the toilet but I never stay longer than ten minutes.

Van


Excellent entry

Post 3

rotundity

Upon reading, I instantly updated my downstairs loo with copies of:
Stories of Famous Sea Fights
A Little Treasury of Limericks Foul and Fair
and It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet.
See? You too can change the world!


Excellent entry

Post 4

The Apprentice

Thanks for your kind comments.

Having spent the last 7 years with a dedicated lavatory-based reading selection, it seemed like the right time to write an article about it.

Current reading matter includes Schott's Almanac 2007, Richard Dawkin's 'God Delusion', Alan Campbell's 'Scar Night', a book on surviving nuclear, biological and chemical attacks, and the new SciFiNow magazine.

"There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?" -- Richard Dawkins

smiley - scientist

The Apprentice


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more