A Conversation for Reading in the Toilet

Females do it too!

Post 1

zendevil


Hmmf, i am female & i was apparently (eventually!) potty trained by plonking me on said potty with heaps of reading material & told "You're not moving till you do "big jobs"! Food & drink were provided so i was presumably quite happy to stay there all day if necessary.

Anyway, it has obviously become a habit, though maybe has gone a bit too far. My bathroom doubles as the main library of the house, complete with a sign on the door of "the thinker" reading on the loo.

I am considerate of visitors though. Since i live in France, i have provided reading material of various types in French, with a sign labelled "Frog smiley - books here". Guests of other nationalities are invted to contribute too; soon i may have an International library of some renown.

A good hint to ease the piles/stiff bum syndrome is to place a chair directly in front of the loo, on which to rest your book or magazine. Obviously an ashtray should be provided for smokers & a coaster to rest your drink on. If heating is a problem, a small but adequate rug for across the lower regions is a thoughtful touch.

My guests seem to appreciate all this & many is the time they announce "Ah, i am off for a zen ca-ca; see you later!" Upon their return, it makes a delightful after dinner topic "Success dear? What did you read?"

zdt


Females do it too!

Post 2

EggsAndToast

smiley - okI agree- I have been known to spend an hour reading on the loo... with a small child in tow, it is often the only private time I get for reading!smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more