The Thanet Beer Festival Meet, Easter 2007.

4 Conversations

A beer glass.

There is a beer festival (the good stuff) in Thanet (East Kent, England. Margate, Broadstairs and all that). The main thingy is at Margate Winter Gardens on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th April (Easter weekend). It would appear that a mini meet is in the offing so, if you fancy joining a bunch of drunkards in a large room full of beer by the sea, pop your name below.

Oh yeah, here's the official linky: Thanet Beer Festival

We will be meeting at Margate train station at 11.30 on Friday 6th .

Directions

Get to London Victoria, get a train to Ramsgate or Dover Priory, get off at Margate. If you need a fag you can nip off at Faversham while the train splits (the back half goes off to Canterbury, which is much nicer but doesn't have a beach or the beer festival.) Make sure you tell the guard though, else it might go without you and you'll have to wait for an hour. Nobody wants to wait an hour in Faversham. Trust me.

Other things to do in Thanet

The Broadstairs Pub Crawl.

Non beer-related Broadstairs stuff.

There's not a lot to do in Margate, but the sunsets are lovely.

Attendees. Go on, you know you'd love to be on this list.

Down to Margate.Roymondo2legsMazinMadFiddlerEvadne Cake

Other Links

Train times

CAMRA

Thanet CAMRA

Mappage

Please remember to drink responsibly.

Ale PumpClinking beer glasses







See you there!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A19094303

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more