A Conversation for How To Order Wine

Lambrini or Lambrusco?

Post 1

Number Six

Great entry smiley - cheers

Although I suspect you mean Lambrusco rather than Lambrini - I'm pretty sure that Lambrini, which I drank recently 'cos it was bought for me my my alcoholic former neighbour in London, is a perry or pear cider. Or at least a chemical approximation of the same...

On the white wine front, one of my personal favourites is Sylvaner, which I first tasted in Luxembourg a few years back. Often cheap, but not that common, and vastly underrated in my book. A hint of sweetness without going too far in that direction, yet also clean and light on the palate.

smiley - mod


Lambrini or Lambrusco?

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

Yes, you're probably right - though Tesco's have it recommended by their 'wine expert' smiley - biggrin I suppose you think of crap wine, you think of Lambrini...

Enough of a mistake for me to Curate out, do you reckon?


Lambrini or Lambrusco?

Post 3

Number Six

Yup - I just went and checked the 'Lambrini Girls' website... it's definitely Perry!

smiley - mod


Lambrini or Lambrusco?

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

Ok, I'll go and sort that out tomorrow - thanks very much smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more