Gronkkk (that's Chewbacca)
Hey, now what?
Hey, now what?
Oh great, I'm becoming whole again!
Oh great, I'm bec...
Aaaah, that's better. smiley - smiley

Sticks, paperclips, and such.

Post 82

hey davion, the GW don't have the monopoly on the word avatar. Why does every one think I'm obsessed with them? I'm obessesed with everything....smiley - smiley

Post 83

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Wonders if avatar also has multiple personalites affected by the availability of alcohol. Do you start the day as a human, after a few drinks become super human and after a lot of drinks become an animal. If so, it sounds fun

Post 84

Wowbagger

*sniff* Thankyou for the hanky Loonytunes. Leaving the worm in it was a thoughtful touch. Wowbagger is an Australian insult meaning "Your maiden aunt has severe gastro problems", though this a fairly loose translation. Or perhaps Wowbagger is a character in DA's third book. My memory's hazy. smiley - winkeye

Post 85

Thank you for the fluent explanation. It reminded me of the young Charles Dickens writing about bogs. I believe a nice cup of piping hot tea should help the memory. It is the Brownian Motion that does it.

Post 86

JC

Adding sugar to tea will reduce the rate of Brownian Motion, but adding alcohol will speed it up! - Does this help? smiley - smiley

Post 87

What is your obsesion with bevrages? Prehapes your bodys been subconcoiusly taken over by liquid based vampires...

Post 88

Davion Q/93

Or maybe he's just thirsty.
Sticks tend to be dry, you know.

Post 89

Wowbagger

What about a stick in the mud? They're wet(ish). Or should I be thinking along the lines that sticks kill vampires? Even liquid based ones. And Brownian motion producers need sticks to stir them! Egad. Did I just tie everything all up together or what? Just remember my friends, everything is interconnected. (Still doesn't get us back onto the topic though...)

Post 90

Wonders if a knot is part of the stick or not. It's all a great tangle to me. But then I am not really sure if the Brownian Motion can be observed in a hot toddy.

Post 91

Wowbagger

A knot in a stick is not your usual knot. The punnish double negative you cleverly in your statement means that knots are indeed parts of sticks. And Toddy (when he's hot) does produce a brownian motion of some kind.
I can't believe I just said that.

Post 92

Wowbagger

A knot in a stick is not your usual knot. The punnish double negative you cleverly in your statement means that knots are indeed parts of sticks. And Toddy (when he's hot) does produce a brownian motion of some kind.
I can't believe I just said that. I think I need a drink.

Post 93

Wowbagger

It appears that I'm repeating myself. Frightfully sorry about that.

Post 94

The Brownian Motion has that effect on some people. Usually they belong to the race called "sons of the sheepstealers" (Australians)

Post 95

Davion Q/93

G'day, mate! I'm Austalian, and fer that insult ah'm gonna
fry you on me barbie. (Not the one with blonde hair and
fashion accessories!)

Post 96

Metamorphasies into Ken. The anatomically correct one. Hides behind Barbie.

Post 97

Wowbagger

Loonytunes you coward get out from behind Barbie and Davion - your snags are burning (and I don't mean the sensitive new age types either). People, if you wish to fight this out fair and square come on down to my big page of insults and fight it out like the small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri that you are! Hurrah!

Post 98

Moults all over Woebaggers fine 2nd hand furniture

Post 99

Aaaagh! I'm going mad listining to you lot!!!!!!!

Post 100

Wowbagger

Throw another stick on the barbie.

So, just rereading all of this (I can understand Avatar's frustration) it seems that a number if conclusiond have been reached:

The order of useful objects goes:
1: towels (who are we to argue with DA smiley - smiley?)
2: sticks
3: string

Paperclips are in there somewhere but no one is quite sure where, but for the sake of the argument we'll put them in at 2.5. Sugar has also been mentioned but a rating for it has not been given.

Much discussion has concerned the usefulness of combining these items to make other useful items, but in essence that just proves the point of why the original items are so important in the first place.

Other points included:
alcohol + researchers = off the topic nonsense (ie business as usual)

Key: Complain about this post